Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Reflection

It's amazing to me to think that 2 years ago today my newlywed husband and I were making our last preparations and checking our list twice to make sure we had everything for the hospital. Our daughter was to be born tomorrow. Scared, anxious, excited, happy... tons of emotions flooded us that day. We were to check into the hospital at 10:00 pm that night to be induced at only 38 weeks. The doctor said she was so big already he wasn't going to let me go over 38 weeks. Her original due date was June 14th. Thank GOD for 38 weeks!!!
Victor and I spent the night in the hospital for a really long night of a slooooow induction. I remember that part like it was yesterday! Everything else after that was a blur... I remember in the morning they broke my water and then my mom finally showed up. After hours and hours of pain, meds wearing off, giving me more, Alana not moving one inch down the birth canal... cut to 6:30pm on June 3rd, me demanding to my doctor they get me out of pain and take me into a C-Section already!!! Then she was finally here. 7:42pm June 3, 2008. The most precious little baby I'd ever kissed. The sweetest look at me, I was forever in love! Of course they took me to recovery before I got to spend any time with her. It was a loooooong recovery that night waiting to see my beautiful little girl! Finally the moment arrived and it has all been up hill since then!
It's so crazy to me to think that it was all 2 years ago! We've only had Alana in our lives for 2 years?? Was there a life before her? I barely remember! The last 2 years have been more then I could have ever asked for. Having a daughter is the most rewarding challenge a mom could ever have! But the most amazing! We will be heading to Disneyland tomorrow for her Birthday, like we did last year, I just can't believe that was already 1 year away! It's amazing how time flies and how fast this time has gone. Loving every moment of it and trying to soak it all up while she still loves to cuddle and tell me she loves me, while she wants to always sit next to me or on my lap. She's only 2 years old for a year, it will be a great one! Birthday pics from Disneyland to come, and Sunday is her big party! Happy almost birthday to my babycakes!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I don't get to be around a lot but I can't believe its been 2 years!! Miss you guys and Happy Birthday, Alana Rose!!!

Unknown said...

aw! what a sweet post! Jamie- no matter how old she is, you will ALWAYS be her best friend, her rock, and her mentor. She will ALWAYS look up to you!! ♥ Happy 2nd Birthday Alana!