Wednesday, June 23, 2010

3 years down, a lifetime to go!

An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow.

3 years ago today, I woke up so re-freshed in a nice hotel room with my best girls by my side! It was going to be a day that I will remember my entire life! A day I had been waiting for, my entire life. A day that I had been dreaming of since I was a little girl! My Wedding Day!
I had known this wonderful man I was going to marry today for 4 years! In those 4 years we had lots of ups and downs, time apart to appreciate what we have, and plenty of great memories to last us a lifetime. From that Christmas morning he proposed to me we planned and planned and planned, 18 months of dreaming and planning! Days before the wedding were filled with craziness, running around, picking up this and that, making the final adjustments and preparations. Our perfect day was FINALLY upon us!

June 23, 2007 – the morning was filled with my best girls, again, right there by my side, butterflies, happy tears, nerves, hair and makeup.






Victor and I had decided with our photographer to have a “secret meeting” before the wedding. My girls got me ready, zipped me up tight, fluffed my dressed and dropped me off on a corner so I could make my way to the secret location. As Victor stood with his back turned toward me, the photographer was taking casual pictures of him but little did he know I’d be sneaking up on him! I picked up my dress and snuck up on him.

I bumped his hip and he swung around to look at me. Tears filled his eyes as we meet for the first time on our wedding day. This was our “walking down the aisle, see me for the first time” moment. No one else in the world besides us. We cried, we talked, we shared our feelings and took a breath. We stood and looked at each other for hours it felt. We took it all in! It still brings tears to my eyes every time I think about our intimate meeting. I would never go back and do it any other way!


We walked around Fullerton and took some of the most breathtaking pictures. We had 3 hours before the wedding started, to take time and take the best pictures ever! Our photographer had such an amazing eye and was able to find some of the most hidden and amazing little nooks and crannies to set us in. We talked, he took pictures, we forgot he was there some of the time.




We stopped traffic… we were that hot!



Hours of picture taking (with no kisses allowed) we parted ways back to our corners.


My best girls! I couldn't have made it through that day (and most days now) without you!



Our most precious friends and family gathered to watch us unite as one and promise to ourselves in front of God that we will forever remain together. For better and for worse, for richer and for poorer.


I now present to you, Mr. & Mrs. Victor and Jamie Gonzalez, time to party!!!


And we danced… Out there on that empty hardwood floor, The chairs up and the lights turned way down low. The music played, we held each other close and we danced.

And from that moment, There was never any doubt, I had found the one that I had always dreamed about.

The night went on, we visited with friends and family, danced, took more and more pictures, then in the blink of an eye it was over, just like that. Our amazing day came to an end… as all days do. The start of a life together as one! Husband and Wife.

3 years later… we celebrate our Anniversary! Babe, it has been an amazing 3 years of marriage. They say the first year is the hardest, but we sailed through it, they say the first 7 are the hardest and we are almost half way there! Ups and downs and bumps in the road will always be here. We will always be put to the test and it’s how we learn and grow from those tests that will help us get through it all! Thank you for your love and support. Thank you for being an amazing father to our sweet little girl. Thank you for taking on this life challenge with me.

You’re the voice I love to hear and someday when I'm ninety, you’re that wooden rocking chair, I want rocking right beside me.

I never had no one, I could count on
I’ve been let down so many times
I was tired of hurtin’, So tired of searchin’
’til you walked into my life
It was a feelin’ I’d never known
And for the first time I didn’t feel alone

You’re more than a lover, There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do.
We just get closer, I fall in love all over
Every time I look at you
I don’t know where I’d be without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You’re my best friend

You stand by me, and you believe in me
Like nobody ever has
When my world goes crazy, You’re right there to save me
You make me see how much I have
And I still tremble when we touch
And oh the look in your eyes
When we make love

You’re more than a lover, There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do.
We just get closer, I fall in love all over
Every time I look at you
I don’t know where I’d be without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You’re my best friend

No comments: