Sunday, June 6, 2010

Party! Party!!

Alana's 2nd birthday party was a great success!! We had a FULL house! (well backyard and house) We served yummy 2 year old food! Hot dogs and Mickey Chicken Nuggets with fun and yummy pasta's and Capri Suns.... there is no better meal to 2 years olds!


The day was really warm so we tried to stay under the patio cover, but it's slatted so it's horrible to take pictures under! Alana and Lexie were coloring away.


My friend Jen and her family came to join us, there is her sweet little niece Raven! Jen and her mom came early to help and boy am I glad they did!


After eating and visiting we headed to the very big pile of presents for the Birthday Girl!!


We have such generous friends and family! Alana made out like a bandit! Out with the old, in with the new! She got lots of fun summer toys for the sprinklers in the back yard! (pictures to follow this summer)


Every present she said "Wow". She loved to pull the tissue out and see what was inside! She had a good time opening them all. She made sure to tell every person thank you after opening their gift!


Instead of buying some fancy schmancy cake this year I decided I was going to bake my mom's cupcakes in ice cream cones! They were pretty easy to make and made me think of all the special things my mom did for us when we were little! (Hamburger cake some day!!)


It took her a few times, but she blew out the candle all by herself!


Then it was Cupcake Cone time!!!


Lexie made me laugh so hard with all the chocolate frosting!


It was Pinate time! Alana tried it once and wasn't so excited about beating something up with a stick so we moved on and let the older kids have a swing at it!


After the candy came flying out, Grandma wore the hat! Alana was not in the picture taking mood today so we were able to get a picture of her and grandma, or many people for that matter!


Me and Lexie (soon to be 2 year old)


Alana loves her cousin Lexie, they are funny together. This picture in 20 years from now will be even more priceless! This is my favorite from the day!


Trying to get the 3 of them to smile and look at the camera doesn't happen very often, but this was really cute! Ellie is at least old enough to look and smile when she's told!


Alana and her Aunt Jacquie


Me and my big 2 year old girl!


When all was said and done you could find the birthday girl at the table coloring or in her room reading a book. she had her sugar and fun, now it's onto what she really loves!


Thank you to Victor for helping out so much with everything come day of, you sure took a load off of me! Thank you to Auntie Crystal for always being there early to help!! Thank you to Jennifer and Kris for letting me borrow things I needed and helping me pull everything together last minute! Thank you to my Aunt Jan who also let me borrow all the catering stuff to make the party a success! I really can't thank everyone enough for coming out! We had such an amazing day! Alana is such a lucky girl to have such great friends and family in her life! Love you all!!

No comments: