Saturday, May 29, 2010

Green thumb?

A few months ago I tried to replant some flowers in the front and they didn't work out so well... I always seem to not really be able to keep plants alive if they need my attention... That being said, Alana and I were out for our morning walk and the lady on the corner was having a garage sale so we stopped to look. She was selling tomato plants for $1. They were grown by her from seeds. So I bought a hand full of them to try and grow. I'm going to give a few to my dad because he likes to grow them and I'm going to put a few in the ground in my back yard. I really would like to try to grow some veggies and herbs in our backyard so here goes nothing! I'm going to try and get them in the ground this weekend, updates to follow, either on dead plants or thriving tomato's?? Wish me luck!

While out on our morning walk Alana had to stop and smell EVERY single flower she could reach!
She stopped to take a rest on a little rock in someones yard. Every one in this neighborhood loves Alana because she walks to stop and touch everything and talk to everyone. She's made many friends for us here :)

1 comment:

Jen Reason said...

Wish I had a green thumb too. I cant keep anything alive?! Not even a fish! Sad.