Saturday, May 1, 2010

Because she's cute...

As I say all the time, Alana is getting so big and just soaking up everything around her. Her newest phrases are "What happened?" The TV will turn off or something will happen and she says "What happened?". Also "What's that?". A Motorcycle will go by or a big bus will go by and she says "What's that?". I know it's because I ask her all the time to name things as she's learning. So I'll point to a bus and say "What's that?". Or she'll ask "Do you hear that?". She cracks us up sometimes with what she soaks up. A few weeks ago when the gardener was here, she and I talked about the loud noises and what they were, and we sat at the window and watched him. 10 minutes later she had Mickey Mouse sitting on her lap by the door explaining it all to him. She has SEVERAL Mickey and Minnie dolls that she tries to feed and covers them up and rocks them to sleep as she sings to them. This girl is for sure ready to be a big sister! (Don't ask, no not yet) But she is ready regardless!


I've been baking A LOT lately and Alana LOVES to eat the batter!


We've decided to stop cutting her bangs and let them grow out, so I'm trying to find new ways to pull them back... she looks so different without bangs!


Her best buddy in the world, smalls... Smalls lets her hug and kiss and squeeze her without making a peep most of the time.


Alana was given a new play set (new to her) but it's in great shape and Alana LOVES it! Our yard is pretty big so we needed some Alana toys to fill it up!


The weather has been so beautiful out, Alana enjoys sitting out in the yard reading her books.


This girl colors like crazy! She is great at drawing circles, we are working on other shapes, but a circle is her favorite!! She has her dads talents at such a young age. (And loves wearing his hats)

Alana has a great love for counting. For counting everything and anything she can get her hands on, Rocks, fruit, beer bottle caps... She lines them up and counts them!

Alana's favorite thing to do this week is go around and turn all the lights on and off because she finally realized what the switches did!
Can I just brag about my sweet girl for a minute :) She says "Mommy, I Love You" to me and it just melts my heart! She is so loving!! She listens so well to Victor and I and it makes me so happy. I know she'll go through her stages where she won't listen as well, but for now she really does what we tell her to do and don't do. We've only had to do "time-out" maybe a hand full of times, but she's such a good little girl and I'm couldn't be happier! At night when it's bed time she says "Nigh-Night" and gives kisses and walks to her room... waits for me to pick her up and put her in her crib and off to sleep she goes, not one peep unless it's a "Love you" as we walk out of the room! I KNOW HOW LUCKY I AM... trust me. But I'm enjoying every single minute of it while I can. Next step, big girl bed..... YIKES!

1 comment:

Jen Reason said...

Happy (early) Mothers Day!!