Tuesday, September 22, 2009

You were loved mama!

Not an empty seat in the entire place, not a dry eye. Mom's service was just so amazing last night! The church holds a good 200 people and they had to bring in extra rows of chairs! Mom was so loved! I honestly couldn't have ask for a better Pastor of our church! Ever since I was little my parents attended church with Pastor Steve. We broke off and made our own little church in a park and followed Pastor Steve. 15 or so years later my parents still attended church with Pastor Steve! He has been a great leader for several years and made my moms service the best it could have possibly ever been.

A few of my mom's best friends shared their stories with my mom from ages ago and left everyone crying. My mom really had some great friends and family. My Aunt, Uncle and cousin put together an amazing slide show of my mom and the family through the years! Oh man, I cried, smiled, laughed. It was so great to see my mom the way she always was, happy and loving! We sang her favorite church songs. Mom was there last night enjoying it all. There was one empty chair in the whole place and that was right next to me and Jacquie, it was my mom's place in the church. She was there singing right along with us! I closed my eyes and saw her standing there next to me with her arms reached out to God like she always did in church. It was amazing!

Several months ago Victor had drawn the most beautiful picture of my mom from when she was about 22. Poster size. He had it framed and we had it at the front of the church. We had planned to give it to mom for her Birthday in November. But sadly she never saw it. Instead it sat as a beautiful remembrance of my mom for everyone to see at the Service. We gave it to my dad to hang at the house for him to see every day.

The turnout was so wonderful! People who were dear to my mom, or people who just wanted to come show their support to us! Wonderful friends of mine that knew my mom, some that didn't. Some that never even meet her. They still were so moved! Thank you to all my friends that came out to support me. To Crystal for coming over and just staying with me when she knew I needed her. To Anda and Martha who are my "dead mom's club" girls. They also have lost their moms and have been a Hugh support to me, knowing JUST what I am going through! To Ashley, who couldn't make it out for the Service, but called me to make sure I was ok at every chance she got... but she'll be here tomorrow night!!! Thanks Jen and Kris for being there to support me! It was nice to have everyone that had some type of relationship with my mom there even if I haven't talked to them in a long time. All the calls and texts and emails. It really is amazing how many people I heard from and I thank every single one of you for it!

Thank you so much to my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin for just showing up after mom went, to bring tons of food and everything they could imagine. For getting my dad clothes to wear. Who thinks of these things? They did and it was so appreciated!!! Thank you to my cousin Jen who printed out the programs! 200 of them! Ran out of ink at least 3 times! But pushed through it and got them printed. Thank you a million times Jen.

Thank you, Thank you to everyone! Love you all!
Thank God I take lots of pictures... Love you every second and missing you.

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

I left that chair open... for her... She was sitting there with us. Every time I looked over she was there. not there there but there... Its awesome how you felt the same way... I love you!