Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mom Update

Hey everyone, wanted to take a second and update everyone on mom. Monday night we had to take her into the ER. The two days prior to Monday she had been lying in bed, sleeping for two days, not getting up much, talking crazy... So with the Dr.'s orders we took her into the hospital to get checked out. Because she doesn't have insurance she has medical through the county. The county hospital SUCKS. We checked her into the ER 6pm Monday night. When she finally got in the only thing they were able to do with her is lay her on a stretcher and hook her up to an IV, and lay the bed in the hallway of the ER. HORRIBLE! Mom was super dehydrated. Between the Chemo, Morphine, water pills, not eating or drinking and sleeping for 2 days... her body was tired and very weak. 18 hours later, 18 hours of laying in the ER, they were finally able to admit her to the hospital. I can't even say how bad it was!!!!
They are trying to hydrate her body, get some nutrition in, get some bad stuff out and make her feel half way decent. We don't know how long she'll be in the hospital, our hopes are that by the end of the week they can make her feel better and send her home! (crossing my fingers, this is the best scenario) The cancer she has is terminal and doctors reminded us of that several times, so these types of things might be happening more often from now on as the Cancer attack her body even more. This shit is vicious.... Things we are NOT looking forward to! I know my family has our faith and we are positive about mom and her cancer, so we are there for her at every turn! My sisters and brother in law have been amazing, we are taking turns, trying not to leave mom alone.
I would like to thank everyone for their texts, emails, phone calls. Everyone is so supportive of us, offering us places to stay, offering to take care of Alana and the girls. My whole family is really helping us girls with the support. Thank you everyone so much, from ALL of us! My wonderful husband is doing whatever he can for me. Making sure Alana is taken care of. My mother in law has taken Alana until I can go pick her up. This is so hard for all of us, I can't even put into words anymore how I feel or how loosing your mom to cancer feels. But Thank you so much to everyone, it really means a lot to me and my whole family to have everyone's support and love! I'm off to the hospital in Moreno Valley where mom is. I'll update again later, hopefully with some good news about her getting better and going home!

I know God won't give me something I can't handle..... so God, please only give us what we can handle!

Love, Jamie

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You and your family are in my thoughts everyday. I love you and miss you guys. Please give Pat my love.

Jamie said...

Damn... where did I go so wrong on this post? How did things go so fast?