Wednesday, December 8, 2010

2 and a half!

So my baby girl is officially 2 1/2 years old this month! Back in May of this year right before Alana was even 2 we attempted to move her into her "Big Girl bed". Let me start by saying since the day she was put into her crib, she's loved it! She was that EASY child that just liked to be in her crib, NEVER tried to climb out and was SOOOO easy to put to bed every night. We would say "Time for bed" and she would walk right into her room and wait for us to put her into her crib. So in May we thought, we should just move her into her big girl bed.. why not. That lasted all of 2 days. Instead of doing it the correct way and getting the little sides for her bed we just took the front off. That is the wrong way to do it... She was content in her sleeping habits and content in her crib and we went and ripped off the front of it on her. No more security... so after the second night, the front of the crib went back on. She wasn't ready. She was horrified to go to bed, she would not stay in it, she refused to go to bed... where did that girl come from. So I jumped the gun when I blogged about it... It took us a good month to even get her back to wanting to go to bed. I'll just say it was hell for about a month trying to get her back into her amazing going to sleep patterns.


A few months ago Victor's mom found this really nice toddler bed that was used. We bought it for dirt cheap and since it was the wrong wood color for her room I thought it would be a fun project for me to start. I could sand it down and stain it. I've always wanted to stain something before but never have... now that is another blog in itself to read about.

Finally I finished it. Alana helped me assemble the bed herself. I was soooo nervous about putting it in her room because I don't think I could handle all of that again. But she told me herself that she wants to sleep in it. It's AMAZING how much she talks and the full conversations we have... Alana even helped me take down her crib to make room for the new bed. Can you believe she never tried climbing out of this bed? Crazy right? What was my hurry?

Saturday night was her first night in her new bed that mommy made for her. She helped me carry it down the hall into her room and she decided on where it went in the room.


That night Victor and I both put her to bed. But she wanted to do it "All by myself"... damn that phrase is used SOOO often by her lately! She climbed into bed and that was that... not kidding you, she's slept in it every night since then, so 4 nights and not one complaint or one minute lost of sleep. (Except my mommy worrying about her) She just hopped in and now hops out in the mornings. Clearly she wasn't ready right before she turned 2. But I learned my lesson! Also having her in her same crib with just taking off the front bars didn't work out for her. I am happy to say that she is a big girl in her big girl bed now... now if only Potty Training were this easy...

No comments: