Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Old black and whites

Before we knew how sick mom was and before she died, I had found these amazing black and white pictures of my mom when she was in her early 20's, I feel in LOVE with them. I've posted many of them. Victor took my favorite and started to draw it (poster size) and it was going to be a gift for my mom on her 62nd birthday. She never made it to that birthday and in fact, never even got to see the drawing that Victor had done for her. After mom died I asked Victor to take his drawing down and get it framed for the funeral. Mom was to be cremated so her body would not be at the funeral but we put this drawing all nice and framed up on the stage and it was the most perfect thing for a funeral. We told my dad that he could have the drawing and ever since then he's had it hanging in his bedroom on her side of the wall. It's pretty much hidden from view anytime you go to the house, because it's in his bedroom. I almost forget about it. A few weeks ago when we were at my dads house Victor asked to see his drawing. We went into the room and I sat on her side of the bed and we looked up at it. It was very sad to be in her room knowing she wasn't there to sit and chat with me like normal. Man I miss this lady!!

No comments: