Tuesday, December 7, 2010

O'Christmas Tree

So because funds are extremely tight this year I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to spend money on a Christmas tree. Everyone keeps saying we should buy a fake one because they are really cheap and lasts for years. HELL NO! I grew up with a damn fake tree and every year I matched the colors with the colored holes and put it together... Lame. I told myself the second I moved out I would get my own real tree. And I have since I was 18. Maybe in a few years, a few kids later I might think about a fake one, but for now I have to have a real one! It's a must! We found a fantastic deal at Home Depot for an 8 foot tree, the deal was really too good to pass up, so we went for it!

This is the one we went with, Alana is showing off how BIG it is!

She was a good helper this year with putting the ornament on. We picked out this awesome tree topper that is Mickey Mouse last year and I was just as excited this year to use it again!

Alana helped Daddy put it on the top of our tree!
Every year we have a picture in front of the tree, these are my favorite pictures!
Please stop reading now if you want to keep the happy mood about Christmas from my blog... :) I warned you.
Christmas has always been full fun and love and decorating tree's and spending time with the family. I'm trying my darnedest to bring it back to that this year! I really am. But I have a few things that are sooo important to me missing from my Christmas. A few years ago we had some items taken from our Condo... big long, SAD story that I don't want to re-live, but in those items was ALL of our Christmas stuff. 100% of our Christmas stuff. The reason it is so sad to me is because here is what was included in my Christmas stuff...
Every year since I was born my mom would get us kids each an ornament with our name and date on it. Every year since 1980. Every Christmas we would pull them out like Gold and put them on the tree, as I got older I realized how important they were to me to see them from the 80's in the 2,000. About 6 years ago my mom gave them all to me to put on my own Christmas tree. Amazing items hand written by my mom.... gone.
My grandmother has collected Santa figurines for many, many years and about 6 years ago she finally gave me mine. She would write our names on the bottom of them and wanted to wait until we had our own homes to give them to us. I would pull them out every year and place them around the house, they were such a special gift... gone.
Alana's first Christmas ornaments, our "First Christmas Married" ornaments, our stockings from when Victor and I first met, all of the ornaments Victor and I have collected over the years from the places we visiting, including the Bahamas... gone.
I could really go on forever about what was taken from us in big Christmas bins... but it's sad and depressing and I guess that why I had to blog about it. It always feels better to get things out and talk about them even when it makes me sad! I KNOW it is just stuff. But really now especially because my mom has passed away it feels even worse. I do have all the memories from the "stuff" to keep in me. This year we are going to buy a family Ornament on it and I'm sure I'll buy Alana another "first Christmas" ornament at some point but it's so sad that I am missing everything else. It's time to build new memories and add new ornaments to our collection. I'm trying to move on from it and this year I am feeling a little better. I'm sure each year will be better! Right? Right.
Last year Crystal bought me this ornament and I burst into tears opening it. It was just a new start to our new ornament collecting. New memories.
Thanks for listening to my ramblings... reading rather.

No comments: