Sunday, December 5, 2010

Remember when...

With Christmas right around the corner and no blog to keep 5 years ago I wanted to always remember our story! Christmas day when Victor asked me to be his wife. Christmas morning 2005 Victor and I snuggled in our bed in our nice little apartment in Irvine. So tired from the night before the festives with Victor’s family, we still had to get up early because my parents and sisters were waiting at Julie’s house for everyone to gather for Christmas morning. My brother, his wife and kids from Arizona were also going to be there and I was excited for Victor to meet them for the first time! We got up and got ready, exchanged our few simple Christmas presents to each other. It was a perfect morning! We sat at the base of our beautiful Christmas tree to document our Christmas morning together.

Heading out the door Victor was acting kind of weird but of course I didn’t think anything of it. We had been together for 2 years, but we never really talked about getting engaged. We knew we wanted to marry each other but in time I figured everything would just happen, I never, ever expected what was to come that morning.
We got in the car, he started it and then sat there for a second. He said “We should bring some CD’s with us”…. Ummm… ok. So back upstairs we went to go get some CD’s. I was crouched down to the bottom shelf picking out a few CD’s to bring with us to Christmas morning with my family. He came and stood by me, as I stood up with a handful of CD’s, he got down on one knee. I don’t quite remember what he was saying because after he got on one knee I started crying and shaking, I’m not sure I even heard all of the sweet things he was saying to me, but of course I knew what it all meant. He pulled out a little black box and opened it to show off my stunning engagement ring! From what I remember I said yes! Haha. We stood in the house for a little bit, it was the perfect moment! No one else around besides the 2 of us.
Shaking from excitement we headed out to the car so we could get to my parents’ house! On the way there my first phone call was to Ashley, my bestest friend in Colorado! I had to share the news! After my 5 minute conversation about how it all went down I wanted to call my mom. But I didn’t want to tell her over the phone because I was going to see her 15 minutes from now. So Victor and I drove out to Corona, hand in hand, it was such an awesome moment, planning in my head how the rest of our lives were going to be together, how and when we would get married. At the time we were really into Jessica Andrews (and still are) and we were playing one of her CD’s. This song came on and I started crying again, it was the perfect song for that moment. We just sat there and took it all in.

I can stand with the weight of the world
On my shoulders
I can fight with the toughest of the tough
I can laugh in the face
Of all my insecurities
Anytime, anywhere, anything
I'm strong enough

But when you're holding me like this
I'm carelessly lost in your touch
I'm completely defenseless
Baby, it's almost too much
I'm helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly
Falling in love

So let consequence do what it will to us
I don't care
Let the stars stand as witness to it all
Say the word and tonight I will follow you anywhere
I just can't pretend anymore
I'm too sturdy to fall

But when you're holding me like this
I'm carelessly lost in your touch
I'm completely defenseless
Baby, it's almost too much
I'm helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly
Falling in love

I am not afraid
I am not afraid

'Cause when you're holding me like this
I'm carelessly lost in your touch
I'm completely defenseless
Baby, it's almost too much
I'm helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly
Falling...
(Helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly falling)
I'm helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly
Falling in love

We got to my sisters house and I tried to hide my ring until my brother got there because I had a fun way of sharing with everyone. As soon as my brother came in, he gave everyone hugs. When he came to Victor and I, I said “This is Victor, my FiancĂ©”. I remember my mom whipped her head around and everyone stood there and looked at us kind of weird… I said “My FiancĂ©, Victor”… Everyone got up and hugged us and shared in our happiness with tears in their eyes! It was a great morning! I got to share the story, call all the family and friends, tell them our news! That was a great Christmas morning! Every year on Christmas morning, I remember when… and the rest is history in the making!
Ahhh... Love you babe!

No comments: