Monday, January 18, 2010

Picasso in the making

This week it's supposed to rain all week so I asked my friends on Face Book to give me some suggestions to keep a 1 1/2 year old entertained this week when we can't go outside.... my friends are the best they came up with SOOO many ideas for us! So we'll try them all this week! Monday we started with some finger painting! I have lots of plain frames that I've bought to scrapbook and/or decorate so I let Alana make one for daddy.

Anyone who knows Victor and I, knows that we are both pretty creative and artsy fartsy! Well Victor is pretty much just talented... I just pretend. So Alana took on her first fingerpainting project! I dressed her in one of Daddy's old shirts and we started with paint markers.


And then I really let her get her hands dirty! It was funny because the whole time she kept pointing to her dirty hands and saying "uh oh"... I had to keep reassuring her it was ok to be dirty! I LOVE that she is just like Victor and I in that sense!


Fantastic Rainy day project! Came out great! Can't wait to hang it on our picture wall!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Reason said...

Hope you have another project for today!! Another rainy day today! Actually is pouring out here! Think I am going to float away. Glad I can work from home. Still have my jammies on!
Good idea, paints are the best!
Alana is such a doll.