Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Christmas eve is always spent with Victor's side of the family, which makes it really easy on Christmas day and less traveling for us! My mother in laws house was warm and cozy and full of tamales!!! My home away from home!


The kids LOVE Alana and she loves her cousins!


Alana made out this year with so much stuff. She really enjoyed tearing open presents, A LOT more then I thought she would.


When we came home and tucked Alana in bed, Santa came and filled Alana's Mickey Mouse stocking and left her all kinds of fun presents!


Christmas morning was early, headed out to my parents house. Everyone was waiting for us to come so we could eat and open presents! I was greeted by these two beautiful girls!


Evans girls


Alana and her Aunt Jacquie


Then out of no where someone was pounding on the front door, we heard jingle bells and Santa came in with a bag full of presents! Of course most of the kids went to hid behind their parents.


All I could hear Ellie say is "Mom, is that the real Santa?"... it was so cute!


Not so much with Lexie.


My mom's girls with their girls... and Santa


It was awesome to have my brother and family here from Utah.


My brother and sisters


Daddy and Alana


Alana was snuggling with my brother


The girls were sharing their baby dolls


To be honest I was dreading Christmas this year because it's the first year I wasn't going to have my mom. My mom always loved Christmas and was always our "santa". She would always wear one of her Christmas sweaters. It was hard being at her house with the entire family, without thinking "where is mom", she's just in the bedroom and will be out anytime. I spent a few minutes in her room and felt like I could feel her there. I missed her Christmas morning. And every day of my life... but Christmas was hard.
We did have a great time with family although we were missing my mom's family which was really sad and felt like we were missing a chunk of our family. Breakfast was great and it was nice sitting and visiting with the family. We still missed you like crazy mom. I'm glad Christmas is gone and we have a new year to look forward to! We've done a lot of our "first's" without mom this year, and maybe next year it won't be as hard?

1 comment:

Manda said...

I'm sorry you had to have your first Christmas without your mom. How wonderful that you "felt" her presence in her room and were able to enjoy it with your whole family! I'm sure that is exactly what she wanted to watch from heaven. :) Merry Christmas Gonzalez family!