Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Word

Terminal by definition:
Terminal illness is a medical term popularized in the 20th century to describe an active and malignant disease that cannot be cured or adequately treated and that is reasonably expected to result in the death of the patient. This term is more commonly used for progressive diseases such as cancer or advanced heart disease than for trauma. In popular use, it indicates a disease which will end the life of the sufferer.

My definition:
The worse possible word anyone can EVER hear about their best friend in the world, their mom.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. If there's anything you need, I'm here.

just another mama said...

Oh Jamie! I'm so so very sorry to hear this. I cannot even begin to imagine how this feels. Please know you are in my thoughts and if you need anything, please let me know.

Jamie said...

Thank you girls. It's a rollercoaster right now with what they are telling us from one day to another. So bare with me and my posts. It's the best way I know how to get things out and feel a bit better. Love you girls!

April Tagliaferri said...

Terminal Illness does not always mean a desease. I have found that out in the last year and it does not feel good to know that your soul mate is "shuting down" (an other way to say terminal). I love you girls with all my heart---your Mother was "My Cheri" after she go killed(Cheri, Feb. 4,1987). PaPa Bob LOVES YOU TOO--SO PRAY FOR HIM. I am being the best care giver I can be--but at 80, it is hard. I am sooo greatful for my kids and can not wait for Robin, Benjmin & family to move into Vegas. Love you, Your Other Mother