Thursday, August 20, 2009

Disneyland

It's been years since just my niece Hailey and I have gone to Disneyland by ourselves. I starting working at Disneyland when Hailey was 3 so she was pretty much raised going to Disneyland ALL the time with me! This is one of my favorite pictures of us when she was little on the Farris Wheel.


My Hailey is a little bit more grown up now.


I took this picture for Alana because she and I love to watch "Handy Manny". It was weird being at Disneyland without Alana. But there is no way Hailey and I could have gone on all the rides if she was there.


Hailey loves the Tower of Terror! It's been years since I've been on it because I was pregnant several times we went and since then I've had Alana. It was a great ride and I forget how scary and exciting it is!

We also stood in line for Space Mountain for over an hour! CRAZY! We finally got up to the part where we were about to go inside and the ride broke down! UH... How much longer could I possibly wait? So we sat down in line with everyone else for about 10 minutes and then it finally came back up. We got on the ride and it was great! Maybe not worth the hour wait, but I forget how fast and crazy that ride is! So much fun!

Of course we had to ride the usuals too!


Waiting for Fantasmic is one of my favorite things to do! So Hailey and I parked it 2 1/2 hours to show time to get a good seat! Had dinner and dessert and then FINALLY it started!!!! Fantasmic makes me SOOO happy! It goes back to my days working at Disneyland, standing at the Ice Cream cart right there in New Orleans Square, standing watching the show EVERY night during the summer! I know every word and movement to the whole show. It makes me so happy to see it!!! It started and I had the biggest smile on my face!!!!

Less then 5 minutes later it stopped and all the lights came on.......... Technical Difficulties.. REALLY??? 2 1/2 hours of waiting for my favorite show and it stops? UH! I was soooooo MAD! So we made our way out to Main Street with the other 60 thousand people that were there that day to stand and watch the fire works. I wasn't impressed. I really like last years fireworks, the "believe". This year I thought wasn't as good. Or maybe it was just the fact that Fantasmic had just been cancelled and I was tired... But either way, we left and got passes to come back for another night of Fantasmic! So until next time Fantasmic....

No comments: