Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Catching up

Better late then never right?

Victor and I took Alana to Pretend City awhile back on a day off! She really liked it and thought it was pretty neat! As did we. We had never been before but only heard about it. It's a pretty fun place for kids! I can't wait until she's just a little older to see how she will change in the things she does there!

Getting ready to head out for the day! Cheese!


First stop - Making a yummy sandwich to eat!


If only she would eat all those veggies on a sandwich in real life!


Greenthumb? Even I have a greenthumb at Pretend City! Growing and picking veggies and fruits!


They had these boards that you could build with and she did really great with them. She is very coordinated in building and understands how it goes together which made me very happy! You could see her brain work as she put it all together.


Beach break! She loves sand... blah.


You know I had to put a hat on Victor too!


My favorite part of the city was the restaurant. Victor and I sat down at the tables and Alana waited on us! She went into the kitchen and "made" us food and brought it to the table. She even figured out how to use the soda fountain for refills on our drinks!


Alana the builder - Yes we can! She put these little black bricks on the pegs and hammered each one twice! Soo funny to see her "build".


T-Ball here we come! This girl can hit a ball pitched at her and off of a T-Ball stand. I am very impressed with her baseball skills. I've never pictured myself a softball mom, I always just assumed she's be a Cheerleader or something... but why not softball? They can be cute and have ribbons in their hair to right?


I think Victor's favorite part of the day is when he got to be the Patient! Alana examined him and listened to his heart! Pretend City was pretty cool and very reasonably priced - and we had a coupon from Entertainment Book! I can't wait to take her back in another 6 months!


A day in the park with Rosie - How she loves the park!!


And I know you are thinking... who dressed this girl? She dressed herself! I think she may be color blind?


Once a year the Strawberry Festival comes to town and this year we headed to GG to get my Strawberry Shortcake on!! We ate and Alana rode a few of the rides! That's about all that place is good for these days!


This strawberry ride turns like the tea cups - that means I don't have to go on because I just can't do these rides. They make me super sick. So Victor always gets stuck going on them with Alana. He was not very happy to ride with her either. So these poor boys probably thought they'd have the fastest strawberry there... To bad, so sad. Victor didn't help turn at all and it was funny to see how slow this strawberry was compared to all the others! Some day Alana can go on without us and have a better turning time!


Toot-Toot!

No comments: