Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rain

Since Victor works in Costa Mesa right across the street from the OC Performing Arts center, he gets all kinds of fun people staying at his hotel. He was able to get 2 tickets for us to go see

It's a group of 4 guys that look, act and sing like the Beatles! Everyone knows how much we love the Beatles so I was so excited to go see this show!



We dropped Alana off with my cousin for a few hours and headed to lunch across the street from the theater. Date day for us!! See my chopped hair?!?! I cut 6 inches off of it! So healthy and WAY easier to handle now.


You aren't allowed to take pictures in the theater so I had to take them low-key. Our tickets were GREAT!! Orchestra setting, center stage! The crowd was full of tons of old people... tons and tons! I think Victor and I were one of the only young couples in there!
The first half of the show was AMAZING! It was so crazy to feel like we were at a Beatles concert, minus thousands of screaming girls (and the real Beatles).


They went through all their stages of music and changed costumes. The guy who played Paul was his twin I swear! This guy looked so much like him. He sounded just like him and even played JUST like him! It really was awesome! The other guys were great, but Paul stood out to me big time. Could be because he was my moms favorite so I automatically liked him more? Not sure, but all together they sounded just like the Beatles! During the breaks when they were doing a costume change the large screens next to the stage would play old school songs from others during that era. They even played some commercials from the 60's and 70's. It was really crazy to see!


At one point, Paul came out on stage to sing a Ballad. The second he started to strum the strings I started to cry. It was their song "Yesterday". That song lays deep within me. It was one of my moms favorite songs. At any given time I can hear her sing it. I can hear the words coming out of her mouth and see how her face would sing each word! It's crazy how vividly I can see and hear her sometimes, and then not at all other times. This was for sure one of those times. I balled throughout the entire song! It made me happy but sad. It was played as the first song in my moms slide show at her funeral. So of course it will always remind me of that too. But mostly because I'll always remember her singing it... brought me to some serious tears!


Victor and I LOVED the show so much, honestly we felt like we were at a Beatles Concert back in the days... one could have been so lucky. There were a few points they let us stand up and clap along. I would have done it the whole time, but it was supposed to be more of a theater show then it was a concert. We left there saying "We should go see it again tomorrow and bring Alana". This last weekend was their last shows here so that didn't happen. But I bet Alana would have loved them just as much. She knows so many songs! She definitely our little girl! It was a great "Date Day" for us! Thank you babe for making the day great!
Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she
Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said,
Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Why she
Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said,
Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I know this post is about the show - but I have to say that I love your haircut!!

Jen Reason said...

I couldnt read all the words to the song... Made me too emotional. Must be feeling your emotions. Thinking of you!!! Sending you a big fat HUG! Hope to see you soon! Sooner than my party, please!! I'll be in Corona tomorrow. Yogurt, tomorrow? Tomorrow to soon? Maybe next week? xoxoxo

I LOVE the new 'do'. Perfect for the summer! Keep ya 'cool'.