Sunday, March 7, 2010

*Disney Family Day*

This weekend we took a family day to head to Disneyland! The day was gloomy but the rain stayed away until we were walking out to the gate. Alana has a new found love for Goofy! Instead of pointing out Mickey Mouse most of the day she was pointing out Goofy. So our first stop was for her to meet Goofy. In line she waved and talked to him and the second it was our turn she wanted nothing to do with him. She finally ended up trying to give him a kiss but never made it. That was good enough for her.


Winnie the Pooh is another favorite of her lately. Victor got her hooked on the old school Winnie the Pooh movie and now she loves Pooh. Pretty sure her 2nd birthday party, which is right around the coroner... SCARY... will be Pooh. Her and Daddy rode together.


We brought my mother in law along for the day, she never gets a day out of the house without all the kids so we stoled her. She really enjoyed spending the day with us there! This woman is amazing and has been such great support to me. I love her like my second mother! I realize how lucky I am to LOVE my mother in law, but man, she makes it pretty easy!


With all the long hours Victor's been working at the new hotel we needed a Family Day!


She's getting to be so big, almost 2. Only 3 months away... can't believe how fast it goes :(


My sweetheart!


Victor and his mom!


My mother in law hung out with Alana while Victor and I got in the very short line for the long awaited Captain EO!! The park was pretty empty Saturday with the weather so gloomy so we lucked out on no waiting pretty much all day. They played a pretty cool (For the 80"s) behind the scenes look at the making of it. We stood and waited and waited and waited for those doors to open.


The doors opened late and before we were even seated they had started the show, which really pissed me off! We've been waiting to see it and we come in to it already started and the lights stayed on until everyone was seated. I was sooooo annoyed!!! But once the lights went off and everyone was seating it all came rushing back to me! So amazing!!! Especially from being done in 86, it was still just as great as the first time I saw it! As soon as Michael came out, it totally brought a tear to my eye! Everyone clapped, it was great! The best part about the show was the theatre. Back in the days it wasn't anything big, but since they redid it for Hunny I shrunk the Audience it made it all that much better. Through the songs the whole place moved to the music on beat. It was great! We both walked out of there amazed and so happy to be able to see it once again!


We spent the rest of the afternoon at DCA because Victor's mom had never been. We had a great time and took her on Soaring. She was so blown away! We went into the "Brother Bear" part of the park and ran Alana around.


Grandma got some great quality time with Alana which they both enjoyed.


We took Alana to the new Toy Story ride. 3D glasses for everyone!


I was really surprised but Alana was allowed to sit by herself and have her own gun to shoot! She did very well sitting with Daddy. The new Toy Story ride was amazing and I can't wait to go back on the ride again!!


Great family day for us 4. It was nice to get Grandma out of the house with us too!

1 comment:

blahblah said...

Love the pictures Jamie!!! look like you had lots of fun!