Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My first!

Hard to believe that I just started to write for the Soldiers Angels just in June, it seems like it's been years now. Since June I've sent 2 letters a week out to Soldiers who don't get letters at "Mail Call" through a program called Soldiers Angels. I'm part of their letter writing team. It's been great to be a part of the team. We have a team leader who is GREAT and loves to do what she does! When I signed up they make sure everyone knows this isn't a dating service, blah, blah, blah... all these rules. DUH, I'm happily married, I just wanted the soldiers to know they have support here back at home from people who don't even know them. They also told us that most likely the soldiers won't write back. Some don't have access to the supplies, some just don't want to write back. Understandable! But I always left my address and told the soldiers that I'd love to hear back from them.
So.... Friday came and Alana and I went to check the mail and in it was my first return letter from a soldier!!!

I was so excited!! I tore it open and read it! It was very short and simple but I was so glad that someone had written me back. I told myself that the first person to write me back, I'd send out a care package to them! I've been collecting a few things every now and then so I can put the package together! So by next week I'll have it all together to send out! Socks, soap, snacks, random stuff they need out there! It's so great to be a part of this and I LOVE it even more now that I've heard back from my first soldier! Keeps me going, writing the letters, sending my prayers, good wishes and thank you's to the brave soldiers out there fighting for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! Good for you! Wishing you LOTS more letters!
-Jen