Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life is a Highway

I wanna drive it all night long. Not kidding, that song just came on XM and Victor and I laughed about it.
Its 4am. Cali time. Road trip started out good. About a mile to Barstow and traffic came to a STOP. We actually parked and turned off our car for about 45 minutes. 1045 at night, sucks. Finally we got going and flew to Stateline and into the beautiful lights of Viva! Not one stop! I think that's the very first time I didn't stop at Mc D's in Barstow to pee.
Loaded up on Starbucks Vanilla Frapachinno's we passed Vegas. Loooong stretch of a whole lotta nothing after Vegas on the 15. An hour later and tons of wind, Arizona welcomed us! My hands are sore from holding onto the wheel so tight. After Utah welcomed us we stopped for gas and 400 miles under my belt, Victor took over!
Alana is doing great, awake a lot. Crazy girl is keeping her eye on the road very quietly from the back seat. She's been getting some sleep but not a whole lot.
I think we are about 1/2 way there right now. So far the weather has been great to us. (knock on wood). My brother said it was snowing in Utah and Ashley said there is a storm in CO. So far so good. Little nervious about driving in the snow. Hopefully it will wait until we get to Colorado :)
Blog more later.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for the Sprinkles!! Your the bestest