Thursday, July 16, 2009

Heart Murmur

So my last post I was a bit freaked out by the Dr sending us to the cardiologist. The same day I came home to try and get some rest for me and Alana and the cardiologist's office called to tell us to come in that afternoon. Freaked me out a bit because I thought maybe they thought it was that important. Which scared me and made me feel good all at the same time.
We got to the appt and they asked me to dress Alana in a gown. It was a cute but sad sight. I thought about busting out my camera but I don't think you wanted to see my baby laying in a hospital bed with a gown on. Then the told me they were going to do an EKG on her, which I didn't know what it was. I'm stressed. It was a scene straight out of E.T. where Elliot was laying in the hospital bed with those stickers all over his chest and wires coming out of them. It was like that. Alana HATED the stickers being put all over her body. I think there were 18 of them. Then they hooked the wires on each of them that connected to a machine. With Alana laying on the bed, screaming because she has to stay laying down with all these wires connected to her, I still thought about busting out the camera... but again couldn't leave her crying to do it. It was very drama filled but over fast. They got their reading and ripped the stickers off her. Ouch! Sucks that I can't take any of the pain or crying from her. My poor baby! She is way to young to know what is going on and that no one is hurting her. She and I both had a hard day!

She still has a heart murmur, but the Dr assures me it's nothing to worry about right now. Again, it's something she should grow out of by the time she's 6... That's what they told me about 1 years old to. She doesn't need any medicine or anything but follow up visits to check her heart and make sure nothings getting worse. Basically her heart beats a little abnormal and a little louder then most. But nothing to worry about right now. Makes me feel a LOT better, but I'm still me and I'm gonna worry regardless. But at least I know the Dr thinks it's nothing to worry about. YEAH for a healthy heart!

No comments: