Friday, March 25, 2011

Indulgence

Have I mentioned lately how lucky I am to have some pretty amazing friends? I'd like to take a moment to thank my long time friend Jennifer! When I say my long time friend, I mean LONG time. I've known this girl since we were in second grade. That's like 24 years of friendship right? She and I lived around the corner from each other when we were younger and had a great group of girls we hung out with. Gotta love the old school picture at Pizza Palace!!
During High School Jennifer and I went our separate ways and did different things. Early 2009 because of Facebook (of all things) we found each other again! We did miss out on about 10 years of each other's lives but the second we started talking and meeting up for dinner it was like we never stopped talking!

She is such a great friend! She is very kind, very caring and always so thoughtful! She is always great at thinking of good ideas and is very creative! I had a great week last week and on Monday found out I finally made my first goal of losing 15 pounds. On Thursday I received some very special snail mail, which is ALWAYS amazing to get! Jennifer mailed me this super cute little book with a little note that said Congrats on losing weight!
She always knows just what I need, from a dinner at Miguels to just a little note in the mail... she just gets it and I really appreciate it!

This book is so awesome! One thing I don't do very well is doing things that are nice for me! Yes I may go out for a drink with friends every now and then but I don't really ever do anything for me that is nice! This book will help me do a few fun things for myself!! Some fellow bloggers and friends of mine started last year with a "Bucket List" if you will. I wanted to do one but never really got around to doing it. I feel like doing some of the stuff in this book will not only be good for me but for my life in general. Some things will benefit Victor, some Alana, some friends.... some random people.

Here are a few that I'm excited to do:
#17 - Take a test drive in a car that you can't afford
#52 - Camp out in the backyard
#95 - Dance in the rain
#134 - Sleep on the beach
#178 - Make out at the movies
#204 - Have sex on your lunch break
#259 - Volunteer at an Animal Shelter for a day
#345 - Try a new hairstyle

If you need something fun to do - let me know and pick a number between 1 and 365 and I'll give you a good idea!!

Thank you Jennifer for thinking of me when you have so much going on right now! You are trying to get organized for a sweet little baby, trying to start a new life with Joe, moving, planning and stressing out and some how in the meantime you have time to think about me and take time out of your busy day to buy me this cute little book! I love you girly! Love you like my own sister! Thank you for being such a great friend to me! I someday would like to be a friend like you! I believe that God brought you back into my life right before my mom died for a reason. xoxoxo

1 comment:

Jen Reason said...

You deserve it girly!! You are very dedicated and determined! You need to reward and spoil yourself a little. Cant wait to see you this weekend! <3 you! XO