Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Holy Holy

A few weeks ago Victor, Alana and I had ventured off on a hike a co-worker had told me about. This weekend my cousin was taking his truck up the road to get to the actual hike so we decided to leave Alana with Grandma this time and head up there with my cousin! And I'm SO glad we did. A few weeks ago they had the trail closed off so we could only drive up so far and after an hour of walking up the hill we still didn't come to the actual start of the hike. We didn't know that until we went up with my cousin and drove ALL the way up! It was quite the adventure! Lots of dirt hills and water on our way up! Then when we made it to the start of the hike it was so beautiful and peaceful! It's called Holy Jim's Trail and is literally hidden away in the Santa Ana Mountains and is NOT easy to find, but going up with someone who had been there several times was a plus! As soon as we hit the trail it was uphill the whole way! I thought because I've been running so much that I was getting into better shape, and as that may be the case I'm not sure running prepares you for 3 miles uphill. It was an awesome hike and so beautiful the whole time!

Victor calls this the nest - it's tree's that have grown into a tunnel and is beautiful!


The entire hike followed a beautiful stream. The sounds of water and nature were amazing.

We had to cross several streams, most of them had rocks within hopping distance of each other, but not all of them were so easy to cross. It took strategy to get across some of them!


When you finally make it up the path to where it ends there is a beautiful waterfall there! It was worth the hike uphill! It was a really pretty and serene place!

We hung out for a bit, rested, ate some snacks and took it all in before we headed back down!
It was such a beautiful day out and it was a great hike! Kicked our butts getting up there but hey it's all part of us being healthy and getting out more and we are enjoying every minute of it! We can't wait to go back again next month. In the meantime we plan on getting out every weekend and finding a new place to discover! Some less intense so we can take our littlest hiker!
Love my hubs

1 comment:

Mrs. Habit said...

wow, that looks LIKE so much fun! I want to go there. And cheers to you for being so motivated. You must feel great! I just started running again and It's tough! Hopefully some of your drive will wear off on me :)