Monday, March 7, 2011

Bragging rights

So normally I don't brag or really can't brag about things but today I need to give myself some credit!! For the last month and a half at work we've been doing a Biggest Loser contest called the Loco Losers. As I've said before, Victor and I want to have another kid and if all the cards fall into place this summer.... we just might be trying! One of those cards I talk about is me losing weight. Yes to get pregnant again and add more weight but really just for me. For me to feel better, to feel sexy, to feel better about myself in general! That is my goal! I want to fit into clothes and feel comfortable about it! I' m o N m Y W a Y ! !
I want to live a more healthy lifestyle in general and one thing I've been doing lately to help that is getting out and running! I get my butt up at 5am and go running in my neighborhood! I try to do it a few days a week and on the weekend I try to do it when it's light out! Running in the dark has been very changeling, creepy, scary, and yet so rewarding! Last week I almost got bit by a Husky. I don't know I was more scared of it or it was more scared of me. I run the same 2-3 miles all the time. The same path. I have my iPod on really low while I run so I can hear anything that's going on around me. I always have a hooded sweater on with the hood over my head because it's FREEZING at 5am! So as I ran down the street in the dark with only streetlights to see this dog comes running at me from a house. I didn't even pause as it lunged at me. I did what I would do normally to anything or anyone that scares me, I punched it. Ask Victor, he gets punched all the time when he scares me. It's just my normal reaction. Sorry, but you better duck if you plan to scare me. Are you thinking poor Husky? He was clearly going to bite me so please don't feel bad for the dog that got punched in the nose!! I stood my ground as he stood his and I backed away slowly... My heart was beating so fast it was crazy! He stood there and barked at me. As soon as I was a safe distance away I turned and ran... it was all so scary for the split second it happened but it's pretty funny now that I talk about it! Needless to say on my 3rd mile around I went across the street and walked slowly by the house! Now every time I run by there I slow down and look for him! Funny, I know!!
It's very changeling to keep up with running but once I've done 3 miles before 6am and the sun is just starting to peak out, it's the most glorious way to start my day! That's an hour in the morning that I have to myself. I can think about anything and nothing. I can run my ass off or just walk. It's MY time! It's my way to a healthier lifestyle, a happier me!

I'm down 12 pounds and couldn't be happier with my results! I'm kickin butt and I'm happy to do it, my butt needs a kickin. Eating healthier and getting out and be healthy feels SO MUCH better then sitting at home like a bump on a log! 12 pounds is just a start!! YEAH for me!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy crap. Ummm I think I would knock on their door and tell them their dog tried attacking you!!! Or leave them a note?? Ekkk! My heart is still racing after reading that. But on a lighter note, congrats on losing weight! I'm working on myself too and it's feels great!

Jen Reason said...

Yay for you is right!!! All your hard work, eating right and running is paying off!! Keep it up girl!!! XO

Mrs. Habit said...

12 pounds is HUGE! You must feel so proud! Good for you.