Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Day

I've been patiently waiting for Baby Em's arrival for 9 months!! Martha is one of my best friends and her and Paul were blessed with a very healthy baby girl on the 27th! She just couldn't wait for my birthday!! She was a big girl at 8 lbs 11 oz. Martha had almost the exact delivery as I did. She was in labor for 24 hours and after Em wouldn't move down the birth canal they took her in for a C-section! Martha's sisters are in another state so she didn't have any family here with her so I tried to stand in as much as I could. I consider her like my sister! This sweet little girl is going to be very lucky. Martha and Paul are going to make amazing parents, they are some of the best people I know!

Sweet baby Em!


After they came home from the hospital we took Alana over for a visit! I wanted to make Martha and Paul dinner and Alana wanted to meet Em. She's been talking to baby Em for 9 months in Martha's tummy. On the way over to the house I told he we were going to see baby Em. She didn't understand that she was no longer in Martha's tummy until we told her she could hold her. So the second we walked in the door she wanted to hold her!! She didn't want to let go of her. This picture reminds me of when Alana was born, Ellie was about the same age and I have the same picuture of Ellie this age with Alana as a newborn!

Alana and her baby Em


She even wanted to help Paul feed her. She was upset that she couldn't do it all herself and mom and dad needed to be so close by.


Sweet baby Em! Aunt Jamie loves you and is so happy to have you in our lives, please never move away from me...


Even Victor held her! Sometimes when you have a tiny baby you think "I don't remember Alana ever being this small" ... she never was this small! Crazy to think about!





1 comment:

Jen Reason said...

Awww.... so sweet and just precious!! Congrats to Martha and Paul!