Friday, August 6, 2010

This week in review

This week has been pretty busy so I decided to update one week in one blog. Totally unlike me... but working full time, trying to keep up with life and a blog has become challenging!

Alana received a late birthday present from Martha that we've all been able to enjoy! Believe it or not we all fit in here! It will be that good present that keeps on giving in this hot weather!


Alana has been soaking up EVERYTHING lately! She talks and talks and talks so much! It's amazing to me sometimes to hear what comes out of her mouth! Her motor skills have also improved greatly! Her hands are steady and she really tries so hard to get done what she wants to do! These little blocks she has, she's never really been able to stack them as high. She has such a steady hand, she was able to stack 4 of them on top of each other, and they are pretty thin around so it wasn't easy. She was so proud!


She's always been really big into drawing and coloring. She's an expert at making circles. Daddy busted out the paint this week. She loves it and concentrates really well!

Like Father like Daughter!


My friend Leah just had her baby last month so Alana and I went to visit! Her name is Tatum, she was soooo tiny!!! Alana loved to touch her and make little coo-ing sounds, it was so cute!


At the baby shower there were lots of little boys out back playing around. Alana ran around with them for hours.


When it came time to throw water balloons at each other she was a little apprehensive at first. But once she knew it was ok to throw them at each other, she had a blast, she had pretty good aim at those boys too!



Mr. Potato Head was taken out of the closet this week! It's the Disneyland one. She learned really fast where to put everything and how to have fun with it!


She finally came around to liking the nose from the circus and wanted me to put it on her nose.


This week Alana has decided to question everything we say now... I knew this day was coming.
Alana: Mommy can I have Ice Cream?
me: Not right now hunny.
Alana: Why not?
me: Because I said so!!
Who knew I'd be saying dumb stuff to her that I hated when my parents said to me?? I can't wait to see what else she comes up with these days!
Hanging out with her cousins this summer she has picked up so much... this morning she was running around the house holding her blanket up saying "Superrrrr Mannnnn"... She doesn't have a clue who Superman is, but Victor and I both started cracking up! Such is life with a 2 year old sponge! Can I keep her this age forever please??

No comments: