Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Randomness

You know when you have lots of stuff to do and your busy around the house cleaning or making dinner, then you notice you haven't heard a peep from your 2 year old in a few minutes... that can be nerve wracking.... I peak around the corner of her room to find her sitting reading her big library of books. She melts my heart when she just sits and reads. She actually says words and tells a story like she can really read them. It's amazing and makes me so happy that as parents we've installed the sense of wanting to read in her! Pat on the back to us!



Aunt Julie used to work at Home Depot and got her this a long time ago, she is finally fitting into it and wore it around the house today! Ready to help!


Alana is CRAZY over this birthday present she got from Chrissy and Kali. It's lots of animals of the alaphbet, each letter is realted to an animal. A is for Alligator, B is for Bear... Well the Giraffe is one of her favorites to carry around the house, to bring to the store. Friday night we picked up dinner from EPL and we got her a Quesidilla. She ate some of it and then held it up and said "Look mom, a giraffe"... I thought it was so funny, I'm happy to say my girl has a great imigination!!! I had to take a picture of it!


What I didn't get a picture of was the pink bead she had stuck up her nose when I came to pick her up at Grandma's house Friday after work... Really? At two years old already?? I thought we were going to have to make our first trip to the hospital. Grandma tried to get it out with a bobby pin... then Alana sneezed and it went way higher up her nose. I was so scared it might end up hurting her.... but after I held her down so Grandma could get to it, she was able to pull it out with the bobby pin! Thank God Grandma was there because I wouldn't have known what to do.... Oye!

1 comment:

Manda said...

OMG! How scary!!! those kinds of stories freak me out since it is a matter of months before I attempt to become a mom myself. I guess we learn as we go since there is no manual. :)