Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Circus comes to town!

I had planned on buying tickets to the Circus next week when my cousin called and asked if wanted some extra tickets she had for tonight! I was so excited!! I don't ever remember going to the circus before, although my older sister said we went, but I must have been super little. Victor hasn't been since he was 10 and this would be Alana's first time! I am a big fan of the Cirque Du Soleil shows and I know they got the idea from the circus so I was so excited to see what the circus had to offer!


When we first got there they had the Elephants outside so you could see them before the show. The second we pointed them out to Alana she ran for the fence and let out a big shreak!! She was so excited to see them! It was really the cutest thing ever!


We waiting for them to let us into the "pre-show".


The pre-show was for the older crowd. Alana did not like the clowns and wanted nothing to do with them! She did like the little show they put on showing off an Elephant and a horse.

They gave out free clown nose's to anyone who would take one! ME!!


I wasn't sure of how she was going to react to the circus, I thought she might think a lot of it was boring and probably not intresting enough to keep a 2 year olds interest. I was wrong for the most part! The show started and all the performers came out, there was sooo much going on! They had all the normal acts, the strong man, people that could bend their bodies all crazy, the plate spinning girls... some really talented people work for the circus!


After a few really amazing acts, they brought out the Tigers! Alana loves Tigers so she thought it was pretty cool!


They were trained really well and could do lots of fun tricks!


Our favorite act was The Torres family. They are a family of 7 that ride motorcycles. ALL 7 OF THEM were in this little cage together, ridding around, it was one of the most amazing acts they have! They were millimeters from each other and never touched each other! I wish I had gotten video of them, they were really awesome!


Alana held onto Victor all night! Whenever she is unsure of something or a little scared... she wants her daddy!!


We had such a fun family night!


We wanted to get Alana something fun she'd love to remember the circus. She picked out a little Elephant with a blanket around it!


Although Victor and I thought the clown nose was so funny, Alana was scared to death of them! She didn't quite understand why we were putting those on our face. You can see it all in her face in this picture!


About 9:30 Alana was WAY past her bed time and was being so funny! She was so amazed at all that was going on she was making the funniest faces!


I love this girl!


The second half of the show they brought out those well trained Elephants!! The whole time we watched them all I could hear in my head was that song from Dumbo... PACHYDERM!


All the same stuff you probably have seen them do, but it was so cool to be there and see them do it in person!


Towards the end of the show the Ring Leader came out and told a story, all of the performers came out (and we are talking like 200 of them) they all got down on one knee to pay respect to something amazing... the whole time this was going on I was thinking they were going to bring out some kind of american hero with the way they were building it up... turns out this baby Elephant is the first in their history to be born in captivity... true Dumbo story! It was really cute and sweet! He was 1 1/2 old. Already learning how to do tricks. He was really cute!


As the show came to an end, Alana had been passed out on Victor for awhile, but we had to stay to see the rest of it! That's how good it was! I think with all the shows out there these days they really stepped up their game, it was like a vegas show with all the lights and music and special effects. I was really impressed at what the Circus has to offer these days... AMAZING!

1 comment:

Jennifer Reason said...

What a fun family night! I totally remember going to the circus with my dad. I should take Raven, she would love it too! And what a great family picture.