Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 40th Birthday!

My cousin Chrissy has always been like a big sister to me! She's always been there for me like a sister is. From my wedding, to my baby shower, to my birthday's to just about any party I throw or is thrown for me, she is always the one behind it making sure everything comes out perfect for me! She trusted me enough to watch her little Kali as she went to work every day, I needed a part time job and she needed a babysitter! Worked out so well for both of us! Kali and Alana are such great friends and love each other for the time they spent together! Chrissy has made my life as a mom so much easier, she is always the first to tell me about a good deal or show me what worked for her as a mom. She has been more then generous to me with all of Kali's stuff she grows out of. In 2 years of Alana's life I haven't had to buy her any clothes. I am very very greateful for Chrissy and how awesome she is to me. I am happy to have another sister!
Chrissy's birthday is the 4th of July and every year she gets to celebrate it with Fireworks and BBQ's. Sounds fun right? Try 40 years of having to share your birthday with Lady Liberty. We had to change it up this year for her big 4-0!! We tried and pulled off throwing her a surprise birthday party at my house! In April my friend Jen threw an awesome Hollywood like party and I thought Chrissy would love that so we ran with the idea! We called it a "Vintage Hollywood Cocktail party". The week before was spent in my back yard cleaning, and putting up lights in the tree's. I have said so many time I have such a party backyard and I LOVE it, but I wanted this to be super special for Chrissy. Victor, myself and Crystal and I spent hours making it perfect for her big party, Elvis and Marilyn and red carpet included!

Here is some of the gang waiting on the red carpet for her to arrive! Most people were really good and dressed up! It was such a fun party!


She was indeed really surprised! YEAH!!! I've never thrown a surprise party before, and it managed to stay a surprise the whole time!


I set up a Photo booth where we had fun props to take pictures with. Here are some of my favorites from the night!


Seriously, do they have to be this cute all the time?!?!
Chrissy, her mom and dad and grandma

I have the best cousins EVER!

Chris, her brother and sister in law!


Me and the birthday girl!

Chris, Jacquie and her boyfriend Donovan.


Me, Chris and Jacquie. We are hot!


Me and my bestest!

My best girls!


**Sester**



Me and my cousin Jen


My beautiful trees with the lights! It lite up my yard perfectly!


The red carpet entrance to the Hollywood party!


Too much drama with this beautiful cake, but super yummy and worth all of the drama!


Chris and her brother Kevin! Probably my most favorite picture of the night!


We projected black and white movies out on the wall in the yard to go with our theme.

This party turned out to be EVERYTHING I wanted it to be which was really hard because I had really high hopes! But with the help of everyone, we pulled it all together, special thanks to Aunt Jan, Aunt Toni, Aunt Shirley, Amber, Jen, Jen R., Jacquie, Crystal, Victor. I can't thank you guy enough for helping me with this idea and running with it! Happy Birthday Chris! I hope you had as much fun as we did planning it for you! Love you like a sister!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Reason said...

Looks like a BLAST! How fun! Glad everything went without a hitch and the bday girl was surprised! So... whats the next party?