Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Challenge!

This has been a fun yet challenging week for me! Having Monday off was great, but the rest of the week seems like a blur almost. I started full time at my "part time" job. I've been working normally about 25 hours a week which is part time. Getting off at 2, picking Alana up and heading home to clean, make dinner, all the wife/mommy stuff I do.... Tuesday things changed! For the better for sure, but it will take some adjusting. I now work a full 8 hour shift 5 days a week like most real jobs. 8-4pm. By the time I go pick up Alana and head home there isn't a whole lot of time to make dinner clean and spend time with my Alana. So we'll work it out and try to delegate some stuff around the house... because I LOVE my job and am so happy to be where I am. I honestly love the people and the company tons! My boss is almost one of the best I've had (anyone who knows Canfield, kinda hard to beat that), but she's close! I am a lucky girl and I know it! Things opened up here at work and now I'm a full time employee with benefits! YEAH for benefits! Since Alana was born and I left SunCal I haven't had insurance so I will be so happy to feel covered if anything should happen.... plus insurance now allows me to think of having another baby which is exciting!

Speaking of, Alana stays with Grandma and Grandpa while we work and now the kids are out of school she is loving it even more! Here is some video I took of her this week out front with the kids. They are teaching her lots of fun stuff. Remember Alana is 1/2 Mexican so she should be half way decent at soccer... haha.

Wednesday night we went to our first "Summer Concert in the park". Every Wednesday night they have a band in the park and tons of people come to listen, play around and have fun. We packed a picnic dinner and headed out. My friend Martha also joined us which was nice, she's always working so it was some nice time off for her. We brought lawn chairs and sat on the grass and ate and listened to music. There were sooooo many people there. We walked around and let Alana play in the sand. Great idea for summer nights... hopefully the next few weeks it will be a bit warmer in the evenings. Next week is Country music so I'm looking forward to it, leaving Auntie Crystal at home so her ears don't bleed... you don't know what you are missing out on... I LOVE living in the city of Orange, there are so many fun things to do and get involved in! Family outings are so much fun when we can just pack some food and head out!

2 comments:

auntie crystal said...

i know what i am missing and i am just fine with it!!! cant wait for classic rock week!

Jamie said...

HOLY SH**, you left a comment? I should talk crap about you more often....