Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Auntie Crystal

For only knowing this girl for 4 years she sure has been something super special in my life! I try and tell the story of how Crystal and I became best friends often, it's a great one! We worked together for a few years at work and said hi to each other but never really hung out. We had a mutal friend (Sarah) and she'd invite us both to hang out, a group of girls. One night we all drank way to much (well one of the mannnnny nights). Crystal was in the bathroom and needed a friend to hold her hair back! Jamie to the rescue! Little did I know that I was going to be in the bathroom holding my new bestest friends hair back! Since that night, Crystal and I have become better friends then anyone I've known in such a short amout of time!

**Best friends are the siblings god forgot to give us**


**Best Friends are the bacon bits in the salad bowl of life**


**The world is a tough place not to have a best friend**


**A true friend is someone who can understand your past, believe in your future and accept you for who you are today**


**A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out**


**It is never best friendship until it has gone through and survived some rough times**


** A Best friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway**


**My best friend is the someone who brings out the best of me**


**A best friend is someone who picks you up when nobody else has even realized you'v fallen**


When Victor added another guy in our wedding party and I needed another, I looked at the people in my life and thought "Who will I still be talking to in 10 years from now"... I made the right choice and I'm happy with that every single day!


**A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half cracked**


**Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things**


Crystal along with my mom and sister never left my side at that hospital until I told them too! When Crystal inharrited a niece, she had no idea what she was getting herself into!


Alana's first look at Auntie Crystal


She's been there for her through all of her first and scares me to think they might hang out when Alana gets older...


Alana loves her Auntie Crystal and will always know how much she means to us!


**In my friend, I find a second self**


**It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter**


**Best friends don't let you do stupid things....alone**

Someone that puts up with me, and Victor.... And still loves us both!
Crys, you really have been there for me for every detail of my life in the last 4 years. For every phone call when I needed to talk to an adult, for every tear I just needed to get out when I lost my mom. You were there for every frustration or happy moment I needed you there for! I get to see you almost every single day, email you a billion times every day and spend so much time with you, and yet you still hang out with me. I am lucky to have sisters and best friends, but I want you to know how much you mean to me! Love you like a sister dork! Happy 26 years... many, many more years to celebrate to come!

3 comments:

auntie crystal said...

thank you for the wonderful post, i totally remember all those pictures and the stories that go with them...which is pretty amazing if you think about it...especially the ones from pierce street! i love you guys so much and you are definately the older sister i always wished i had growing up! even though it took us a while to find each other i know we will be laughing and telling alana and her bff's all our crazy stories in 30 years...when she is old enough to know not to follow in our footsteps! love you bestie!

Anonymous said...

I had to borrow one of the quotes from your blog. That was an amazing tribute to an honorable friendship. Miss you!

Manda said...

What a sweet and authentic post!! It's not easy to keep good girlfriends as we get older and our lives change, you two are very Blessed to have each other. SunCal was a place where BFF's found each other. :)