Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's the Freakin Weekend baby

I'm about to have me some fun!

Friday night we were kid free so we decided at the last minute to head out to Laguna Beach where my cousin's band was playing!
Whisky River ROCKS!

So I grabbed my best hubby

and my best friend


And headed out to Hennessey’s!


I know if I tell you this story it won't do it any justice at all.... but I thought I'd try!
Hennessey’s! was having a "High School Reunion" upstairs where my cousin was playing. Little did we know that would be the best thing to happen to us that night. As we stood and watched my cousin Jeremy kick some butt on the drums, I noticed everyone around us was wearing name tags with the year they graduated on it. I happen to look down at the table next to us and see one sitting there. So I took it and stuck it on my shirt!

Hello my name is Christine Burke, class of '85! You would not believe the people who were looking at us, kind of weird, but then believed it. Hello people, I was 5 in 1985!! We even had their photographer come up to the 3 of us and ask to take our picture... I' m pretty sure that everyone was so drunk they didn't even notice! I wish I knew what HS it was because I would love to look on their website and see my picture on there as class of 85!


On the way home we had to stop at Del as always for some drunk food! Victor reached out the window to pick me a beautiful yellow flower!


Oh how I LOVE the ride how from a night out of drinking, especially when I'm the one who sobered up to drive home! Drunk people are crazy on the ride home.... every ride home...


Up early Sunday morning to head out to Raging Waters to celebrate Donovan's birthday! Happy Birthday D!!


I have to brag for a second... when I was younger, my older sisters birthday is in August and she used to go to Raging waters every year for her birthday. I'd always get to go and take a friend. I was super young, some what fearless... until it came to Drop Out. That was this crazy ride that was sooooo scary to even look at. I promised myself if I ever went back I'd do it.... well I haven't been back since I was a young teen... I kept saying I was going to go on it, and then we walked up to it and I saw it... Yikes... Everyone else chickened out on me.... so I decided to do it myself! The 4 of them went and sat down in the viewing area and waited for me to do it. I climbed 7 stories of stairs up to the top BY MYSELF, and waited in line. There were 2 little boys, maybe 11 years old in front of me waiting to go on. I thought "what the heck am I doing??"... Although we left the camera in the locker all day, so no one could actually get a picture of me... these are a few I found online showing what Drop Out is... Pretty crazy! But it was my turn and I got on the slide and freaked out a little, but crossed my arms and legs and they pushed me down! It was the scariest thing I think I've ever done before! But so amazing!!! I'm so proud of myself for doing it! Not sure I'll ever do it again, by myself at least... but boy oh boy.... that shit was crazy!!

No comments: