Monday, August 23, 2010

Sweet from the heart!

Guess who turned red?? My very first tomato from my garden! I can't tell you how proud I was to pick my first red ripe sweet tomato! I've never grown anything before or been able to keep stuff alive before (minus Alana). So I was one proud gardener!




Isn't it beautiful?!?! It almost looks fake!




I cut it into slices and ate it! Nothing fancy, just ate it. It was sweet and perfectly ripe! I am happy to say that there are at least 3 more turning red right now so I may try and pick them and make something from them! YUMMY home grown organic tomatoes!!

2 comments:

Jen Reason said...

You know what is sooo good!? Sliced tomatoes with mozz cheese, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar - heat them in the oven to melt the cheese. Oh so delish!

just another mama said...

nothing beats homegrown food. enjoy your hard work!!