Thursday, February 18, 2010

Greasy

Soooo... on my way home from work today I was thinking... I haven't blogged in a few days. I've been working and it's GREAT (more about that in a bit) but what can I blog about? I haven't really had full days with Alana to get out and do stuff and take pictures. Well tonight she made it pretty easy. Victor and I were watching a movie on TV and all the doors are shut in the house besides her room and play room. She plays in her room or sits and reads books, we check on her every few minutes just to make sure she is fine... well as any parent knows, a few minutes in the child world can mean A LOT... especially a few "silent" minutes. I called to Alana to see what she was doing, and I didn't hear anything... Victor got up to go check out what she was up to. I hear "Hunny? Can you come in here?"... So of course I grab my camera and make my way into her play room. Here is what we found.

Alana took the jar of vasoline from the changing table (She just started to be able to reach) and smothered herself in it. This is the very first time that she's gotten into something she wasn't allowed to be in, and put it all over! I managed to take a picture of it and then fall to the ground laughing so hard I was crying. Victor of course grabbed a towel to pull some of it off and I got up from crying to run her a bath. OH ALANA ROSE!! So many more fun times to come, but hopefully next time nothing will be in her reach!
Alana has been spending some quality time with Grandma & Grandpa, who happen to be on my way to work. She hangs out there for the 4-5 hours I work and then I pick her up and head home! She has so much fun with them out on their adventures! It allows me to get out, work, be around adults, have some time away and then enjoy my time with her again. It's been a week and it's working out really nicely! I love, love, LOVE my new job! It's a GREAT company to work for! Everyone there is really nice and super friendly and helpful! It's not stuffy and to "corporate". My boss is really cool and laid back! I swear I have such great luck having great bosses! LOTS to learn at the new company, and I'm in the IT department... I've never worked for an IT dept before so there is A LOT to learn about IT too! But my boss is making it all pretty easy! I got a nice plant and a card the first day of work from her, and today she emailed me while she was out just wanted to know how my first week was going! Needless to say, it's been a great week! I look forward to going into work every day! Feels great to wake up every morning, take a shower, get dressed, do my hair and make up. I have a lot to do in the mornings with getting ready and getting Alana ready for Grandma's, but it's working out well! YAH for the new job and loving it!!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That's hilarious! This is the first time she's ever gotten into anything? You are a lucky lady then because my 3 get into EVERYTHING...toothpaste, lotion, baby butt creme, shampoo, shaving cream...anything they can reach. The other day I caught CJ "shaving his face with a Mach 3!!! Luckily we know better and take the blade off but I kid you not he was standing in front of the mirror slathered in shaving cream, humming a song and shaving! Sooo fun!

Jamie said...

Bust out your camera!!! Reasons you SHOULD blog!!!

blahblah said...

OMG she is too freaking cute!! Congrats on the job!! So glad everything is workin out great for you!!