Thursday, February 4, 2010

2010


Don't let this little smile fool you... she's been sick! Not feeling well and super cranky this last week. I thought it was molars... Nope, Doc says it's a slight case of Phenomena. Poor girl!! There have been lots of sleepless nights for us. Hopefully she'll snap out of it with the breathing treatments the Doctor gave us. Do you know how hard it is to do any kind of breathing treatments with an almost 2 year old?? While at the doctors office yesterday they wanted me to put a mask on her with this gas like medicine coming out of it. Yeah, that was gonna happen. It lasted for all of 2 minutes. She doesn't want any kind of mask on or near her face. The nurse made me hold her down while they gave it to her. She kicked and screamed and cried her head off and I felt like the worse mom ever. I even cried, I felt so bad that I had to hold her down. I think last year and that EKG she had done, she doesn't really trust the doctor's. The breathing treatment at home they gave me is more like an asthma inhaler... again; she doesn't want a whole lot to do with it. So I've tried to make it fun and I pretend to do it! She actually did it this morning pretty well. Hopefully she'll continue to do it for a few days and her Phenomena will go away.

On top of a crazy night/morning/dr. appt/traumatizing my daughter yesterday... I had an interview that I was really excited about. Let me back up a bit. When I left SunCal after I had Alana, about 8 months later I was dying to get out of the house and work part time. That's just who I am. I can't just sit and not work. Don't get me wrong, I've been so blessed to be able to stay at home with Alana for so long, but for my own sanity I needed a part time job. So I worked some retail... SUCKED! Retail is HORRIBLE, boss was a B*%#$! And it was too much stress for being a part time job that I was supposed to enjoy just to get out of the house. So I left there in December. Thru December and January I was volunteering for a women’s center in Santa Ana which I really loved. Was hoping that would turn into a part time job... didn't work out so well. So last week I decided I would start looking again for a part time job that I could enjoy! I wanted to get back into the office environment, because that's what I knew and that's what I was good at. Plus I miss meeting deadlines and being super busy. So Tuesday last week I looked on Monster to see what was there. Looking for an office part time job is not easy to come by. There are very few out there. I found one that looked promising. It was working for a Corporate Office. So I went onto their website and emailed in my resume. 2 days later, got a call from a VP there that wanted to meet with me!

So yesterday after a crazy morning/night... I pulled myself together and went in! It was such a great interview with both HR and then the VP. An hour later they called to offer me the position!!! YEAH BUDDY!! They told me they've been interviewing for months and this was their second round of interviews! It's 20 hours a week at GREAT pay, amazing office, super modern with the newest computers and software! I'm telling you, someone is looking down on me and helping me out this year! I know I am a good person and do good things, but this year I'm feeling Karma! It's on my side!

I have to say, I'm not doing this alone... and I don't mean God, or my mom (although I Thank God everyday).... But I mean all the people in my life that are here to support me. Everything good that happens in my life is because of the people in my life. My husband, my in-laws, my best friends, my sister, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents. They are such a big support in my life! Even my friends on Facebook. I know it sounds crazy but some of the people I've reconnected with on facebook and my support there has been amazing. If just someone commenting on my status or the emails and posts I get. It really has helped me so much! Thank you to everyone in my life, and you know who you are! I love you guys and can't thank you enough for all of your support! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

No comments: