Sunday, February 21, 2010

Evil word

Because I blog, I always look out for other people who blog! I love to add new links to my page who are people I check in with all the time. My friend Jo, who I meet when I worked at SunCal has a blog and I try to keep up on it often! She's a great writer and I love to read her words! She has a daughter who is a few months older then Alana that has the cheeks that would make any chipmunk jealous! She has a beautiful little family and it's growing as we speak!
Jo and I became good friends when I worked at SunCal, over the phone and through email. We had both just gotten married and were both pregnant together. Just felt like she understood me even though she didn't know me all that well. I always try to keep up with her and how the fam is doing and I love, LOVE to see the pictures of her daughter Fallon on her blog! Months ago she had posted about one of her best friends having cancer. It was before my mom died from cancer, in fact it was long before I even had the slightest thought that my mom was going to die. But my heart went out to her. Renee was her name. I tried to keep up with her story from her blog, and between that and Jo, I knew a little about what was going on. To this day I don't know Renee or her whole story but I do know that a few weeks ago my friend Jo, lost one of her best friends to Cancer.
It's the most evil word I've ever heard. Before my mom died, honestly it wasn't a big deal in my life. Until it directly affected me, it was just cancer. Even 10 years ago when my dad had cancer, it came and went, he fought it and won. But any time I hear the word now, it has sooo much more meaning! My heart goes out to anyone who has friends or family that have lost their battle. I don't know Renee personally but she would have been 30 yesterday. 30 years old... It all just hits close to home for me. I'm counting down days until I'm 30 and here is someone that didn't make it to 30 because of that evil word. My heart breaks for her friends and family and even though Jo and I are not that close, my heart breaks for her. She lost her best friend. Someone she's knows for so many years!
Please send your prayers and good thoughts her way, I'm sure she could use them all! I know people die all the time from Cancer, but when you know someone who it effects, it just makes it so much harder! Jo, I know my mom will give Renee a big hug for you. My mom knows what I think and how I feel and she knows Renee will need a big hug. Love you girl, hang in there!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

This really touched both Sergio and I...she was so young. Our hearts and prayers go out to her friends and family.

Evil word indeed.