Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The BIGGEST Loser!

So since season 1 of the Biggest Loser on TV, Victor and I have sat and watched as they find people around the country to be on the show. We sit each season on our couch, every week and watch as people bust their butts to loose crazy amounts of weight! Normally we sit and watch the show while eating dinner, or perhaps dessert... There is nothing like chowing down on some ice cream or eating some pizza, sitting on our butts watching people eat right, work out and week after week slim down! I know some of my friends said that they do the same thing, so I know we aren't alone! How do you think all these people on the show got that big!!

A year and a half ago we got married and 6 months prior to that I busted my butt EVERY day to loose some weight for my wedding (as most brides to be try to do). But I really did it. 25 pounds in 6 months! I was up 3 days a week at 5:30 am working out with a boot camp personal trainer! Aaron was amazing and taught me A LOT! On my wedding day I felt like a million bucks and was so happy to feel the way I did about myself because I was able to loose some weight and be so happy! I have always said... when all is said and done, the only thing you have left after the wedding is over is really the pictures. So for 6 months I counted every calorie that went in my mouth, my body did things I didn't think it was capable of, I worked out so hard, some days I cried. Every day pushing a little bit harder picturing me in my wedding dress and knowing I was going to display those pictures for the rest of my life for the world to see! Well it worked out great and I kicked ass!! ...

A few months after the wedding the most amazing thing in the world happened to me, I got pregnant! The first trimester I was trying not to eat anything that was bad for me. I stayed away from all of my temptations. I vowed I wasn't going to gain crazy amounts of weight.... Then the second trimester came and all I wanted was sweets. Didn't matter what kind, Ice cream, chocolate, cupcakes, cake, Twinkies, anything I could get my hands on. I've never been one for sweets, ever, so it was weird, but I gave in to it! I knew that it was going to be the only time in my life when I could be fat and cute... so I ate! Gained more weight then I should have I'm sure... meanwhile Crystal kept accusing me of making her gain weight too because I need a partner in crime when I wanted ice cream or taco bell.... And so my husband stepped in as well. We happily gained some weight together... That's what a husbands for right? My beautiful Alana Rose was born and it's all been so amazing! In the meantime I haven't really been doing anything to help my body get back into any kind of shape besides big.... Eating whatever I want doesn't help either!
Alana will be 1 years old in June and if I haven't lost my baby weight by then, shoot me! The majority of my immediate and extended family is overweight and has battled it for a long time. I promised myself I wouldn't fall into that category! Several people in my family have had surgery's to take the weight off because they were too big. I refuse to be one of those people I told myself I would never be!!! Nothing against anyone in my family, but I don't want to be like them in that way!

So here we are, 2009 and Victor and I started to do our own Biggest Loser at home! In a new place, with a super nice gym, we really have no reason besides laziness not to loose the weight.... So we weighed in on Monday and will continue to weigh in every Monday from now until our 2 year anniversary on June 23rd. We each have our own goals to loose a certain amount of weight, but our main goal for June is to kick each other's butt to be the BIGGEST LOSER! We are challenging each other to see who can loose the most percentage of body weight by our Anniversary! So the work outs and the subway sandwiches began this week. So far so good!! I'm sore as hell and it feels so GREAT!! Victor doesn't ever blog on here so this will all be one-sided... but I'm going to kick his butt each week! We have small prizes for the winner (me) each week and then at the end we have the bigger prize! Suggestions on prizes for each week are welcome! 22 weeks to be the Biggest Loser! I hope Victor realizes who he is going against and how motivated I am to loose this baby weight and to change our lives so Alana will already have the good habits from her parents when she starts eating real food.

So to all the people that want us to buy Girl Scout cookies... NO, go away please!!!! Anyone that works with Victor, I will pay you to bring him Ding Dongs and Cupcakes and anything that is bad for him! Haha! Just kidding, I want us to both loose the weight, but I just want to win more! So please help support us both! We will take any good recipes that are healthy that you think we should try! I will post every Monday who won (most likely me all the time)... So that everyone can see our progress!

***Hunny.... It's on Buddy!***

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha I feel like such a fat ass reading this blog and eating Taco Bell at the same time. I feel so guilty! Therefore I will go home tonight and run 3 miles on my treadmill - sound like a deal? I'm so horrible at giving in to my cravings, I wish I could be strong like you! Go Team Jamie!

James and Michelle said...

You can do it Jamie!!! =) That's awesome.. Jim and I should do something like that too. Except.. I would be the loser.. literally! =)

I love the picture of Alana with her bandana! So adorable!!