Monday, August 1, 2011

The story of my life

Many, many moons ago I promised myself that I would never again get close to a friend if I knew they would move away from me at some point.... Maybe it's because I've had a looooong history of best friends moving away from me. Starting with Heather Strom in kindergarten... or Leah Sherry in grade school or even Ashley in 7th grade... Need I name more? I'm not a girl to have a very big circle of friends, but the friends I do have I love with all of my heart! They become like sisters to me. And so brings me to this post. I met Martha a few years ago when I was working for Gymboree. We bonded over hating our boss... I started to hang out with Martha outside of work and really got to know who she was and what she was all about. Then my mom died and we had that in common. Her mother died when she was 12 years old. I don't have any friends that could join me in the "dead mom's club". And I'm happy I didn't because I would not wish that upon anyone! But Martha knew what I was going through and I feel like God put her in my life for a reason at that specific time! She's grown to be like a sister to me! When she got pregnant with Emsley I felt like I had a new niece! Although they are not dead, and I may be acting like they are, they packed up and moved very far away yesterday... I know I will see them again, but it will just never be the same as getting to watch Emsley when they needed me to, or a Tuesday night Ice Cream run because we just needed it. Or hours and hours of sitting around my kitchen table talking about everything and anything. Apparently I need to learn how to Skype now if I ever want to see Ems again! Martha has the most amazing sisters ever at home where she is moving to and for that I am so happy for her! Being in Cali with no family at all would be the hardest thing ever to do. So I'm happy for her and her fam, but sad for me.

I love my dear Robinson family and already miss them so much! I know that I am a good enough friend to make sure I call and write to them so I KNOW we will still remain close... but I still am sad.






Alana and her friend Emsley - I promise to make sure that Alana will be the best pen pal to Ems.



The only picture I have of my bestest friends all together! I love these girls like my own sisters!







No comments: