Sunday, August 21, 2011

500

I wish I had something clever to say about the number 500 but I'm lame and I can't think of one. I started this blog 3.3 years ago. 500 blog posts later and I've arrived at tonight. Typing my 500th post. Got nothin to say that I haven't said 500 times before! HA!

If you read my blog, thanks for stopping by. You should leave me a comment more often. Most of the time I blog for me. Cause God knows I need a place to write stuff down and post pictures so I can remember for myself. I've always kept a diary and well this is sometimes a diary for me. Mostly a memory bank, but also a diary. I have my good days and I have some bad days. Sometimes you see happy pictures and sometimes you see my dark sad sides. My blog has helped me get through hard times. When my mom died having a blog really helped me to get out my feelings, and continues to do so. It helped me write how I feel but also helped me to remember her and share stories. Share pictures I had hidden away. I can go back to those blogs and remember how I felt, good and bad.

This blog has served as a "baby book" for Alana. It's helped me capture her 3.2 years so far. She'll be able to look back at the book of my blogs when she is older and see how crazy I was but also be able to know what I went through. She'll always know how much love I had for her. I know it's kind of crazy but we watch this show on TV and the mom has cancer. She knows she's not going to live forever so she writes letters and does all kinds of stuff for her son that she know he will have when she's gone. If for one second I could have anything like that from my mom it would be amazing. If I even just see her handwriting I lose it! So I assume someday having this for Alana to look back on will be awesome for her!

Thanks for all of your kind words to me on my blog. Thanks for your encouragement, thanks for not judging me, thanks for your friendship! Here's to 500 more blogs!!

Don't forget, leave me a comment sometime when you feel like you want to so I know you stopped by and that there is anyone out in the world reading this thing!

xoxo
Jamie

2 comments:

Sarah said...

500?? Wow!!! I'm almost up to 200! Yippee! haha I love looking back and reading my blogs too. It makes me feel good to re-live my memories.

James and Michelle said...

YAY! You've reached 500! That's amazing! Keep posting girlie.. I love to read your blog! ♥