Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My girl

My Rosie is so sweet and so smart and dang clever... I blog because I always need to remember just how she is at this age. I thought when she was younger (last year) that it was my favorite age, but I notice as the months and years pass that every age she is in is kind of my favorite! I'm sure it's cause she's my favorite kid and I adore everything about her... but she's at such a great stage in her life right now. I love it! We enrolled her in Preschool and she starts on the 22nd when we come back from vacation. I CAN'T wait for her to start. It's not a daycare, it's a Preschool and Victor and I loved it when we were checking different Preschools out! I'll post more about her first day once it arrives!

Until then, here are a few random pictures from the last few weeks to hold you over until I can get pictures off my camera from our trip to Sea World a few weeks ago. I'm behind... I've been busy people.

I had to take Rapunzel in for a hair cut because God knows this poor girl is going to have hair like me. It's sooo long and thick. She's just like me and I can't stand my hair so I hope she learns how to deal with it better then I did. My parents always kept my hair short because there was so much of it and I hated it short when I was younger. I will NOT do the same to her if she wants it long. And in the same breath... we just cut 4 inches off. Which still leaves it pretty long and THICK!
Showing off her new hair cut and bang trim
Saturday night I had Ellie and Lexie with me while JQ and D went out for D's birthday. Here is a cute picture from Sunday at church! These girls love each other.
While driving home from work yesterday Alana was in the back seat with her Sticker/Activity book. I was on the phone talking and this was her words to me: "Can you please keep it quiet up there? I'm trying to work back here." Really?!?! I swear she never sounded more like Victor. When did she get so old?


One more funny thing to part with. Alana and I were watching Wipe Out this week and she thinks it's soo funny when they fall in the mud. She looks forward to those falls. While the contestants are Wiping out and doing these crazy stunts, Alana says "Mommy, I could do that". Oh what joy I have to look forward to with a girl who thinks she can do all those stunts at 3 years old!

2 comments:

James and Michelle said...

I was cracking up reading this post! lol Alana is such a funny girl and has quite the personality! I hope she loves her first day of school.. and the 3 million days after that. (poor girl doesn't know what she's in for lol) :) And congratulations to you mommy, for raising such a beautiful girl!

Shantillylace said...

I SEE so much of Victor in her too!