Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Deep Fried Myth

Summer time brings the OC Fair! The summer would not be complete without at least one trip there. I'm not into the rides or the games, I go there for one reason. THE FRIED FOOD!! I LOVE to taste all the deep fried stuff they come up with new every year. Last year they had WAY better food if you ask me. They were missing some of our staples from last year... but this year they did have a few news things to try. I'm pretty daring, except to try the chocolate covered corn dog or the deep fried butter... gross. However we did try...

Deep Fried Kool-aid. It's not really as Kool as it sounds. It's almost like a corn bread consistency flavored strawberry with Kool-aid sprinkled on the outside. The first second of the first bite tasted like Kool-aid because it was on the outside. Will not waste money on that one again...




Deep fried Jalapenos stuffed with Baby Ruth candy bar. Sounds horrible but tastes quite the opposite. I was expecting (from that name) a battered Jalapeno. It was not. As you can see from the picture it was a fried Jalapeno with a piece of candy bar stuck in the middle, served with chips and sprinkled with sugar.




My reaction after I stuffed it into my mouth.... waiting, waiting... Hot, waiting....


It was actually really good. And to my surprise I hate them both and would buy and eat them again! Who knew Chocolate and Jalapenos would taste good together? We also tried Deep Fried Chocolate covered Bacon which was just ok. I can't wait to make another trip with Victor so he can taste all the yummy stuff with me. I still miss the deep fried smore from last year, that had to be the best fair food EVER!



I will say though, this year I went for the first time for another purpose other than food. Aerosmith is one of Crystal's favorite bands and for her birthday (since Aerosmith isn't playing anywhere) I bought her tickets to see Aeromyth. A tribute band to Aerosmith. The concert was in the Hanger where the sound wasn't very good. They did some great songs and some not so great songs. The guy who played "Steven Tyler" was so dead on! He acted, sang, danced and did all the same things that Steven Tyler does. The band didn't sing so great, but it was worth the cheap tickets and it was really fun! Any concert is fun especially with my bestest!!

No comments: