Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Mama


Another year gone. Crazy to think that my post last year is pretty much the same post as I'd like to post this year. I even went as far as saying "Hopefully next year will be a bit easier"... haha... little did I know it hasn't gotten ANY easier at all!! Which doesn't leave me very hopeful, but time heals, blah, blah... Ok, not just one year, but several I'm sure!
The other morning I woke up from an amazing dream I had. We were standing in her living room and she had her arms around me hugging me so tight. Like she knew it would be the last time. It was the longest dream about a hug I've ever had... just a big big hug. I woke up and hurried to close my eyes to get back to that dream... I even got in the shower and let it run over my face and imagined myself back there... I guess it was just that visit I've been waiting for. I hope she comes back again soon. I NEED more dreams like that!
Her last birthday years with us were my favorite!! LOVE in Vegas! Some of the best memories I have of all times with her! Tonight my family is going to meet at Miguels in Corona for dinner. One of her favorite places... or maybe our favorite but she just went there to make us happy! Her potato and cheese burrito with a side of beans.... I know she will be there in spirit with us! She would have been 63 years old today. I only had her for 29 and need her for more.... Love you mama... miss you like you'll never understand!

No comments: