Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A few of my favorite things

Wish I was in Opera's audience while they got all of her favorite things... but this will have to do for now!

A few years back while I was at SunCal, we did a recipe exchange and I got some of my new favorite recipes! My friend Anda shared this Peanut Butter Fudge recipe with me. Ever since then I've made it at least once a year. For Christmas parties or work functions. I even have my sister Jacquie making it the last few years! This is a hand written recipe from Anda's grandma and is so easy to make!! Taste amazing!!

Peanut Butter Fudge
2 cups Brown Sugar – packed
2/3 cup evaporated Milk
½ tsp salt

Butter 8x8x2 pan

In a sauce pan mix brown sugar, evaporated Milk and salt.
Stir over low heat bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat.

1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter and vanilla until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm. Cut into squares.


I've changed it up by mixing in more peanut butter of course, or peanut butter chips, or even white chocolate chips. Anything and everything sweet in it tastes great!

Another one of my favorite things right now is Christmas Music!! I know you're thinking it's probably WAY to early for that right? Nope. I'm loving it! A week ago I got 48,000 new songs for my iTunes and I'm having so much fun listening to new stuff, it's incrediable. A tiny portion of that was Christmas music. But not just any Christmas music, some Irish Bagpipe Christmas music. Amazing!! Also, anyone who sings O' Holy Night, I could listen to it for ever! It was my moms favorite and it has carried on with me! Alana has also learned Jingle Bells, the first chours only, so you can imagine what my car rides are filled with these days... lots of Jingle Bells! Last year the Holidays were destined to be bad, so I was Anti all Christmas stuff last year. This year I feel so different. I feel like for the first time I love the Christmas Season! The music, the decorations, everything about it. I'm very excited this year! Maybe because Alana for the first time really will understand Christmas and will have such a great time deocrating and opening presents! More of my favorite things to come, pictures of the PB fudge and Alana singing Jingle Bells!!

No comments: