Saturday, November 6, 2010

Birthday Princess

This weekend was Kali's birthday! Kali is a special cousin to Alana because she's been with Alana since she was 3 months old! I watched her 5 days a week for the first year of Alana's life! Kali was kind of like her older sister! I felt like I knew how it was to have 2 kids! We love this little girl who is growing into such a little woman!! We celebrated her 4th birthday this weekend! Here is a little flashback to a few years ago with my girls!

My cousin Chrissy planned an amazing day at Disneyland starting with Breakfast at Ariel's Gratto at CA adventure. Kali and all of her cousins were going to dress us as Princesses so Alana was getting ready to put on hers at home before we left! I LOVE this picture of her! She looks like a little dancer! Her hair is sooooooo long now, I didn't even get a picture of the back but you would not believe how beautiful it is, long and curly! Not sure I'll ever be able to bring myself to chop it!
Waiting for everyone to meet up for the Princess Breakfast I snapped a few good ones of my little Princess Snow White! 
Could she be any cuter? I know she's mine and all, but seriously... 

The Birthday Princess Kali/Cinderella arrived! How adorable does she look in her outfit? She LOVES to dress up and taught Alana how to dress like a princess!

The Birthday Princess and her parents!

Alana still doesn't like characters all that much so this was as close as she would get to Ariel. She knows who she is and of course loves the movie, but she still just doesn't trust them yet for whatever reason! Aren't all of her cousins so adorable! Princess and Prince's!

As we ate breakfast we got a visit from every Princess. They came and signed the books and stood for pictures! Great way to meet them all on a personal level! Alana... still not having it, I pretty much had to make her stand next to the kids, even bribed her with candy.

She knows who Snow White is and was even dressed as her, still... not so much.

Then as soon as all the kids cleared out Snow White got down to Alana's level and talked to her about being her twin. Alana didn't back away for the first time EVER! Snow White asked for a hug and Alana leaned in and went for it! My heart melted!!!! This picture is worth a million words!

She even loved her so much she stood to take a picture with her! It was seriously one of those "Disney Magical Moments". It was so amazing! I wish I could find this Snow White and personally thank her for making Alana's day! Or maybe my day, ok, my year!

We got a yummy breakfast and then of course no birthday would be complete without some cake! Happy Birthday Princess Kalea!!

Out of the Princess outfits and on to the rides! Kali and Chrissy.

Alana's favorite ride!

Jacob smiling big for the camera.

Gotta loves these sweet boys! Jacob actually said he wanted to come home with me! I would have taken him home in a heartbeat!

Chrissy got the kids faces painted! Alana got to watch the bigger kids get theirs done first and then sat nicely for her turn! They are so cute!


We had such a great day with the family at Disneyland! I can't thank Chrissy enough for everything. She really planned such a fun day for the kids and I know that these pictures will be priceless in years to come!
We got to go home for a few hours and come back to see The World of Color! It was our first time watching it and it was AMAZING!! I loved it so much! It's like Fantasmic on steroids!! A 2010 version of it. The things that Disney thought up are so awesome! It is A LOT of work to see the show though. You have to get a fastpass for it in the morning when you first get there and then stand in line before the show to get in line again then to find a seat... a lot of work, so I may not see it again any time soon, but well worth seeing it for the first time! Beautiful work Disney! 

No comments: