Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yum, Yum, Yum

A lot of people have been asking how the "making my own Organic Baby Food" is going so I thought I'd show you!
The Farmers Market is out in the parking lot across the street from me every Thursday. Since they won't be open for the next 2 weeks because of the holidays I had to stock up!!! Alana is eating anything and everything I put in front of her! So I've made... Butternut Squash, green squash, green beans, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, avacado... pretty much any organic veggies I can find at the farmers market! And she loves it all! Her Dr. said to stay away from making fruits on my own, so we buy the organic fruit baby food in jars and then I get to keep the jars for my own baby food! So smart!!! It's all so easy, 20 minutes of steaming them and 2 minutes in the blender... and wa-la! Homemade baby food!! I feel that I want to be the best mom I can and feed Alana whats best for her. And hell, I stay home with her and have NO excuse to not do it!!! A few months down the road and I won't have to puree anything anymore and can just break things up and feed them to her!

No comments: