Thursday, October 20, 2011

This is Halloween, This is Halloween

Here is my pre-Halloween post. There are always so many parties and fun things happening before Halloween so at this time of the year I always have like 3 posts for Halloween. Here is post 1.

For the past, forever months, Victor and I have been meaning to make it over to LACMA to see the Tim Burton exhibit. We finally made it over there last weekend! We knew Alana would love it because like her father she LOVES Nightmare before Halloween. The exhibit was everything Tim Burton though so it was a little too much for her I think. She did well and was very patient for us. Once you were in the exhibit you couldn't take any pictures which I was really bummed about because they had some of the coolest stuff displayed. All of Tim Burton's art work from forever ago. All of his journals and hand written papers of ideas. The talent that comes out of that man is amazing! Now I understand the love my husband has for everything Tim Burton does. Edward Scissor hands, Sleepy Hallow, Sweeney Todd, Alice and Wonderland and all the great and crazy movies he did. The exhibit had a little bit of everything!



While we were waiting for our tickets Alana played around at the Museum.


This was the opening of the exhibit and the last place to take a picture before we went in. Alana was not to excited about having anything to do with it. It was BIG and scary!


We carved pumpkins this weekend!! We bought two pretty good sized ones at Wal-mart for dirt cheap! Great deals on pumpkins are hard to find. Alana enjoyed pulling out the guts of the pumpkin!


She tried to help do the carving but she gave up and let me do it. The pumpkin has a harder shell then she realized!


Alana and I did the Minnie Mouse and Victor did the ghosts!


Minnie is still her favorite!


One night this week when daddy had to work late, Alana and I spent some time doing some Halloween craft time! She and I made these fun ghosts and hung them all along the outside of the house. Super easy, fun and cheap Halloween craft! We are ready for Halloween!!

No comments: