Tuesday, December 3, 2013

O' Christmas tree

Needless to say, Jack didn't understand why we were picking out a tree for Christmas. He had pretty much zero interest in it this year. He stood and looked around as to say, what are we doing here? It was a really chilly night but we picked out Alana's favorite tree! She couldn't wait to get home and decorate it! Her favorite part is putting on the tree topper. She keeps saying "putting up the star" but our tree topper is Mickey and Minnie. Although we may just let her pick out her favorite star this year to buy! Good ole Home Depot has the best trees at such a great price, so instead of going to one of those Christmas tree farms, which is fun, but expensive, we head over to Home Depot to pick out a great tree! Hopefully next year Jack will be more into picking the "one" out.

Taking out all of the ornaments and placing them on the tree was less fun this year. Jack can pretty much reach the bottom foot of the tree and wants to pull everything off. So I decided that I was not going to put anything no the tree that could be broken. I have a lot of glass ornaments that I don't want to fall off the tree and break, so I just didn't put them up. Although I am pretty good at watching Jack around the tree, I am not there 100% of the time, so this year I skipped all of my breakables!



What are we doing here mom?
No, seriously, what is up with all of these trees?
My happy place!

No comments: