Saturday, December 31, 2011

When in LA

For my mother in law's birthday she wanted to go to Olvera Street. Me, Victor and Alana went there a few months ago for the day and we had a good time. So we took Lupe and Celia with us. It was New Years eve day so we weren't sure how busy it would be or how much traffic there would be, but we lucked out! It was a beautiful day out. In the 70's and the sky was beautiful!



While on Olvera Street we found these great performers dancing!



While down in LA we decided to hop on the Gold line, now that I am an expert on the LA metro from my Urban Hunt and see some of LA. Alana's first time at Union Station.


We headed over to Little Tokyo.


In Little Tokyo there was a tree for wishes. For a dollar donation you could write your wish on these beautiful little papers and tie them to this tree. I stood there for 10 minutes and read all the wishes and dreams of everyone passing through. It was pretty amazing!

Alana modeling



Riding the Gold Line.





Proof I was there. I've gotten into this really bad habit lately of not being in any pictures. Going to try and break that this year.


While in LA I saw a lot of art. I really loved this one.




Alana, Celia and Grandma at Union Station



Waiting for the Metro


I Love the look of this city. I could take pictures all day!!


No comments: