Thursday, October 21, 2010

Coming soon...

In April we did the Relay for Life in Murrieta where a whole team of us walked in a Relay for 24 hours. You camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Relays are 24 hours in length; representing the reality that cancer never sleeps. By participating, we honor cancer survivors, pay tribute to the lives we've lost to the disease, and raise money to help fight cancer in our community.

This coming year, 2011, I'd like to do it in Corona where mom lived for 30 years! Relay in Corona is in June so we have plenty of time but I'd like to start a little bit of the planning, trying to get a team together, think of fundraisers we could do.

I'd like to come up with a team name. Last year, one of my best friends, Jennifer let us walk with her on her team Jenny's penny's in Murrieta. It was a great success and a really fun time. We are looking to start our own team this year in Corona!

So pretty soon I'll need:
•A team name
•A team of people

Please let me know if you'd be interested in joining our team for the June 2011 Relay for Life in Corona, I'll give you all the details later! You can come for a few hours or stay the whole 24 hours, it's up to you!
Yes, Cancer did take my mom and that will be the main reason I do this, but everyone knows someone who has lost their battle to Cancer. Or someone who is a survivor of Cancer. Cancer effects just about every one in one way or another!

Please let me know if you have a suggestion for a team name or if you're interested in more info!!

No comments: