Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Birthday fun for all

Friday was Victor's birthday and we made it a fun party to reveal the gender of the
baby! Everyone we invited showed up and we were so excited! It all started
Wednesday night when I started to make 3 gallons of my Grandma's spaghetti
sauce for dinner! Friday was a short day at work so I headed out to pick up
Alana, then head to the store and then home before anyone could get there!
My friend Jen, who is super creative and awesome made this cute board for everyone to cast their votes! The adorable mustaches and bows were hand made by Jen! Seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen! She made is so fun!! As you can tell the majority of our friends and family were team boy. Jen even went as far as making little buttons that said "Team Boy" and were blue and "Team Girl" and were pink. Sarah and I were the only "Team pink" bows on the board!

If you read my last post about the cake, then you know I had to make a special
stop at the bakery to pick up our Team Pink or Team Blue cake. While at the bakery the girl handed me my envelope back and as I stuck it in my purse I noticed there was a pink thumb print on it.... did she really just ruin the surprise for me?

Everyone gathered around the table for the big reveal!!

After we sang Happy Birthday to the Birthday boy he cut into the cake as everyone came in closer to see a peek of the blue or pink cake. It was NEITHER!! HAHA suckers! I tricked them all!! (Thanks Jared for the brillant idea) It was just a chocolate cake I picked up and stuck in a bakery box! I snuck away right before he cut into the cake so I could go get the "real" cake I had been hiding in the closet. Everyone was so confused at what a chocolate cake meant. Haha. It was pretty funny to hear everyone say "WHAT?!?!"

And now for the real cake!

This moment was so exciting for us! I got really nervous when Victor was about to cut into it. I know it's just the gender of the baby, but it turned into such a big event at that point I was really nervous! Everyone had sit through dinner just to be there for the cake! Also to hang out and enjoy our company I'm sure, but mostly for the big event!

The first slice into the cake and he pulled out the knife. I immediately saw blue, but the big icing balloon on the top of the cake was blue so I wasn't totally sure yet!

He cut again and pulled a piece out and we were 100% sure it was a blue cake!
I cried! I was in so much shock! Honestly my family only produces girls and there was a pink finger print on our envelope. It was a blue cake! We are having a boy!!!!!!!!!!

In some of the pictures, you can see every one's face and their reaction was just so happy and everyone was cheering and so excited for us. After all, they ALL (But Sarah and I) were hopping for a boy!

I love our reveal idea and was happy to have so many of our friends and family come to share the fun time with us! It meant a lot for everyone to share in our excitement! Best blue cake I've ever tasted!

The mustaches were a big hit all night! Everyone had to wear one at some point! The girls were so cute!

Mom and dad had to get in on the action. After all, I was just converted from team pink to team blue.

Hopefully Jack won't come out with a mustache but it's amazing to know a little man now grows inside me.
The craziest thing about knowing I am now having a boy is really the shock! Every person in my family has girls, both of my sisters, all of my cousins. There are no boys in my family and between that and just thinking I am having a girl, Victor and myself both really convinced ourselves we were having a girl. I am still feeling a little confused. Don't get me wrong, I have always wanted one girl and one boy so this really is the perfect scenario for me, but I'm just shocked a little scared. Raising a girl has been so easy and Alana is such a great child. I'm scared to death to think about what we are getting ourselves into! So excited and overwhelmed!! Can't wait to welcome Jack Wyatt into our family and meet the little guy!
Thank you to my awesome friends and family for all the help, setting up, cooking, cleaning and cleaning it all up afterwards! They helped make it so much easier for me and I appreciate it!

3 comments:

Team Blue - Jen - said...

Such a FUN party! Glad we were there! So happy for you, Victor, Alana and baby BOY! Cant wait to meet the lil man!

Sester said...

Yay Jack Jack!!!

Sarah said...

Seriously the cake idea was SO brilliant. I loved everything about your party!!! I think I'm STILL in shock that he's a boy! Sooooo excited for Jack though!